tarheelfan23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

General Manager:

Mark Ross:

Posted Image

The guy comes from a contender and has seemed to really helped the Giants out in a great way. He can find some good players, ie Victor Cruz.........

Head Coach:

Ron Rivera:

I really believe that he will have done enough to keep his job, I mean we do have a top 10 def with a lot of no names playing in the secondary.

Free Agent Signings and other moves:

Jarius Byrd
I really think we will free up enough cap to bring a guy like this in....Him and Stew huge buddies so that is a plus for us. He would come in and be a huge upgrade in the secondary.

Trade Dwill to the Packers for James Jones....GB decides they want to keep Jennings so James can be dealt.

Glenn Dorsey (KC) - DE/DT -
The former 5th overall selection in 2008 hasn't been nearly as dominant as the Chiefs may have expected, but he has been a mainstay on the defensive line. At, 6'1, 297, Dorsey is strong and plays with natural leverage, allowing him to hold the point. He has great short-area quickness and is deft with his hands to shed blocks and locate the ball down the line of scrimmage. This move will say bye to Ron Edwards.

Draft: We finish up 7-9 and have the 15th pick in the draft.

1. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama

2. TJ McDonald Safty

#2 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

I would have picked differently in 2nd round, like another safety. Eric Reid.

#3 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

It's so funny how unrealistic and similar all of the users mock offseasons are lol.

#4 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,049 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

What's so unrealistic about this?

Don't like Warmack in the first, I'd much rather take Keenan Allen or Justin Hunter, then take OG in the second or Reid, I'm starting to stray from McDonald.

#5 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Don't think Dorsey replaces Ron. Dorsey isn't a NT.

#6 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • 2,325 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

Don't think Dorsey replaces Ron. Dorsey isn't a NT.

Exactly-6'1, 297 is not considered big enough to be a NT,in my opinion.

#7 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Don't like Warmack in the first, I'd much rather take Keenan Allen or Justin Hunter, then take OG in the second or Reid, I'm starting to stray from McDonald.

Agree!!!!!

#8 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

I don't like it at all.
People are making Ross seem like he's God for getting Victor Cruz through UDFA. The man is pretty good but if he's really what people are making him out to be, he would've got Cruz in the Draft and not by UDFA. Getting Cruz was all on luck.

I'd rather go DT(1), WR(2), and OG (4). And go CB and FS through FA like a Goldshon and McKelvin.

#9 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Jefferson in the second

#10 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Jefferson in the second

I 2nd that. Love Jefferson.

#11 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,045 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

I wouldn't mind Warmack in the first if we're picking 15, but if our first pick isn't Star or Hankins our 2nd pick has to be a NT.

And signing Dorsey, as others have already said, would just be depth behind D. Edwards. It would probably mean goodbye to Kearse or Neblett.

#12 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

We absolutely do not have the money for Byrd and Dorsey. Lets start there.

Warmack is a solid pick.

TJ McDonald is not a very good prospect and will be falling down the boards by April.

And if we signed Byrd than why would we draft another safety?

#13 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

I don't like it at all.
People are making Ross seem like he's God for getting Victor Cruz through UDFA. The man is pretty good but if he's really what people are making him out to be, he would've got Cruz in the Draft and not by UDFA. Getting Cruz was all on luck.

I'd rather go DT(1), WR(2), and OG (4). And go CB and FS through FA like a Goldshon and McKelvin.

That isn't really how the Draft process works...

When you go into the Draft, you have a board of talent. Guys in the 1st, 2nd, etc. Then you have a pool of UDFAs that you believe will slip through the cracks. This is where your scout team shines. The Draft is all about "I know something you don't know", and Victor Cruz is the perfect example of this.

So, when Ross and Gettleman and crew sat down in their War Room, they knew the person who they drafted in the 6th wouldn't be there in the 7th, and the person they drafted in the 7th wouldn't be there after the draft, and they knew that a guy like Cruz was going to slip through (small school, small size etc.)

Watch Bill Parcell's Draft Confidential, it's incredibly eye opening about what happens during the Draft.

#14 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

That isn't really how the Draft process works...

When you go into the Draft, you have a board of talent. Guys in the 1st, 2nd, etc. Then you have a pool of UDFAs that you believe will slip through the cracks. This is where your scout team shines. The Draft is all about "I know something you don't know", and Victor Cruz is the perfect example of this.

So, when Ross and Gettleman and crew sat down in their War Room, they knew the person who they drafted in the 6th wouldn't be there in the 7th, and the person they drafted in the 7th wouldn't be there after the draft, and they knew that a guy like Cruz was going to slip through (small school, small size etc.)

Watch Bill Parcell's Draft Confidential, it's incredibly eye opening about what happens during the Draft.

That's very true but don't UDFA get to choose who they want to sign with? Cruz could've sign with the us over NYG and made Hurney and our scouting department look like genius.

I get what you're saying but I give more credit to a person who find a Brady in the 6th or a 89 in the 3rd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com