Photo
- - - - -

TarHeel Fan Mock 1

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#13 RufftownRepresent

RufftownRepresent

Formerly Know As Ruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

I don't like it at all.
People are making Ross seem like he's God for getting Victor Cruz through UDFA. The man is pretty good but if he's really what people are making him out to be, he would've got Cruz in the Draft and not by UDFA. Getting Cruz was all on luck.

I'd rather go DT(1), WR(2), and OG (4). And go CB and FS through FA like a Goldshon and McKelvin.

That isn't really how the Draft process works...

When you go into the Draft, you have a board of talent. Guys in the 1st, 2nd, etc. Then you have a pool of UDFAs that you believe will slip through the cracks. This is where your scout team shines. The Draft is all about "I know something you don't know", and Victor Cruz is the perfect example of this.

So, when Ross and Gettleman and crew sat down in their War Room, they knew the person who they drafted in the 6th wouldn't be there in the 7th, and the person they drafted in the 7th wouldn't be there after the draft, and they knew that a guy like Cruz was going to slip through (small school, small size etc.)

Watch Bill Parcell's Draft Confidential, it's incredibly eye opening about what happens during the Draft.

#14 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

That isn't really how the Draft process works...

When you go into the Draft, you have a board of talent. Guys in the 1st, 2nd, etc. Then you have a pool of UDFAs that you believe will slip through the cracks. This is where your scout team shines. The Draft is all about "I know something you don't know", and Victor Cruz is the perfect example of this.

So, when Ross and Gettleman and crew sat down in their War Room, they knew the person who they drafted in the 6th wouldn't be there in the 7th, and the person they drafted in the 7th wouldn't be there after the draft, and they knew that a guy like Cruz was going to slip through (small school, small size etc.)

Watch Bill Parcell's Draft Confidential, it's incredibly eye opening about what happens during the Draft.

That's very true but don't UDFA get to choose who they want to sign with? Cruz could've sign with the us over NYG and made Hurney and our scouting department look like genius.

I get what you're saying but I give more credit to a person who find a Brady in the 6th or a 89 in the 3rd.