#1 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,333 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

There are several problems with the "Anti Gun" laws people want to pass everytime something like Newtown happens. Make no mistake about it, Newtown was a tradgey, and should never happen again, but it will. Not because our laws aren't strict enough, but because there are to many guns, and too many loonys have them. People want to enact a "mental disorder" check or whatever. Fair enough, but 25% of the country suffers from SOME mental disorder (depression, bipolar etc). Not to mention MOST people with mental illnesses aren't violent, they have a right to protect themselves as well, and SANE people kill more than mentally disordered people. Look at the gun crimes in Chicago, LA, MIA etc. Those are sane people kill each other. Newtown is a rare event, Chicago isn't. In short, the only way to further pervent Newtown from happening is to arm everybody. Level the playing field. Had somebody in the school been armed, maybe a police officer or something, the guy would have gotten off 1 shot, and that would have been the end of it.

#2 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

The only way to further pervent Newtown from happening is to arm everybody. Level the playing field.

Had somebody in the school been armed, maybe a police officer or something, the guy would have gotten off 1 shot, and that would have been the end of it.

Just gonna post these two sentences side-by-side.

#3 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,333 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

The point I was making was had somebody in the school been armed, this 27 people probably aren't dead...but I'm sure you figured that out and had nothing to counter with..

#4 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,094 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Yeah I'm sure he wouldn't start shooting until he was standing next to the armed officer.

#5 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

The point I was making was had somebody in the school been armed, this 27 people probably aren't dead...but I'm sure you figured that out and had nothing to counter with..

Are police officers not armed already?

#6 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Ecspecially when the media donates not stop coverage of the perpatrateurs. Almost glorifies thier crimes and suggest to the next whacko" see if you can break my record." But if the next person to attempt this gets splattered or detained before committing his or her crimes, and the media reports it, then eventually there would be no fame in it. Only foiled whackos.

#7 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,253 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

There are several problems with the "Anti Gun" laws people want to pass everytime something like Newtown happens. Make no mistake about it, Newtown was a tradgey, and should never happen again, but it will. Not because our laws aren't strict enough, but because there are to many guns, and too many loonys have them. People want to enact a "mental disorder" check or whatever. Fair enough, but 25% of the country suffers from SOME mental disorder (depression, bipolar etc). Not to mention MOST people with mental illnesses aren't violent, they have a right to protect themselves as well, and SANE people kill more than mentally disordered people. Look at the gun crimes in Chicago, LA, MIA etc. Those are sane people kill each other. Newtown is a rare event, Chicago isn't. In short, the only way to further pervent Newtown from happening is to arm everybody. Level the playing field. Had somebody in the school been armed, maybe a police officer or something, the guy would have gotten off 1 shot, and that would have been the end of it.

There already is a check for diagnosed mental disorders when you try to purchase a gun. At least in NC there is.

#8 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,336 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Ecspecially when the media donates not stop coverage of the perpatrateurs. Almost glorifies thier crimes and suggest to the next whacko" see if you can break my record." But if the next person to attempt this gets splattered or detained before committing his or her crimes, and the media reports it, then eventually there would be no fame in it. Only foiled whackos.

Yeah, maybe if we just ignore it it will go away. /sarcasm

#9 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,511 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

http://en.wikipedia....nnesaw,_Georgia

:)

#10 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,217 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

There already is a check for diagnosed mental disorders when you try to purchase a gun. At least in NC there is.

Is autism or on the list? I have no idea just wondering

#11 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,253 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Is autism or on the list? I have no idea just wondering

Me either. I was asking our resident gun guy at the office what the procedure for buying a gun was. He didn't know what constituted "diagnosed disorder, (other than the obvious literal)" either. He said he has seen people denied at the gun counter but it seemed to be a "yes" or "no" thing, ie there might not be a reason given.

#12 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

http://en.wikipedia....nnesaw,_Georgia

"Later research, however, found no reduction in Kennesaw burglary rates [but not other violent crime] when the figures were re-examined over a longer time period."

#13 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,333 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennesaw,_Georgia

Utopia

#14 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennesaw,_Georgia

seems legit

#15 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,515 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Level the playing field. Had somebody in the school been armed, maybe a police officer or something, the guy would have gotten off 1 shot, and that would have been the end of it.

Maybe but remember the mass shooting the Fort Hood army base a while back. 13 killed and 20+ injured. I don't know for sure but I imagine there was more than a few guys armed (that is an assumption)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com