Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nfl.com Writer Mentions Our Future

44 posts in this topic

Posted

Draft mostly offense please

Posted

Olsen is #2

Posted

Yeah, why in the world would we ever want to have a top notch receiving corps? Let's just settle for okay.

Many people, myself included, think bringing in a top notch WR should be a priority this offseason. That would drop LaFell to #3, a role in which he would likely flourish. Then in a couple years when Smith retires, the new guy is #1 and LaFell moves to #2.

Agree 100%

Getting a legit WR should be our #1 target this offseason,I would like to target Dwayne Bowe he would be a perfect fit on this team and gives us a jump ball type WR we can use in the redzone.

No Lafell is not a #2 WR yet,he still has games where he doesn't show up and his doesn't really do anything well to be counted on as a #2.He would thrive as the #3 guy though,because all the coverage would be on Smitty/Bowe.

Posted

LaFell is a solid possession receiver. He and Olsen can be awesome in the short passing game. We need another deep threat to make it work, though. Coughgettiscough.

As he is my adopted Panther, I fully support the coughing in this message.

Posted

Lafell is already a good number 2. Too many of you think absurdly unrealistically like most teams run around with White/Jones or Fitz/Bolden-esq duos at receiver.

Truth.

Posted

That's not really unrealistic

They chose to draft those players, so they drafted them. Most teams have just a number 1 and stay with that. OL or WR 1st round. If we could get both, thats a W for 2013 draft

Posted

We need whoever finds wr's for the Giants they always plug in some scrub and bam he is a star...

Posted

We don't need to bring in a high priced free agent receiver. We just need to draft one in the first round. That way we get a stud for the next 10 years at a bargain price for the first 4 or 5.

Posted

You guys are right Lafell is a solid #2 WR on a bad team,but we aren't trying to be a bad team next year it's time for a upgrade at WR,Smitty will be another year older and we need a guy who can take that pressure off him.Lafell is not ready for that type of role which is why we need a upgrade.

Posted

WR's are the Panthers kryptonite

Posted

Brandon LaFell is a solid 2 or 3? How about he's a solid 3. 2 is too much for him.

Second that!

And all the people that argued with me about Lafell early in the season all a sudden can't be find.

Posted

LaFell is a solid possession receiver. He and Olsen can be awesome in the short passing game. We need another deep threat to make it work, though. Coughgettiscough.

I think we need two more receivers to be safe. A true no.1 and a true no.2. 89 is getting older. Lafell will never be that guy and Gettis is missing, can't be found. We may have to go back to back receiver in next two consecutive draft (2013-2014).