Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Intresting Norv Turner comment when asked about being a OC...

60 posts in this topic

Posted

.... if he was so dang good he'd still be with the skins...his stock is spiraling downward....

He was the skins HC, not OC. He's a good offensive mind, but a bad game manager. So it creates a cycle: He is great at OC, so he gets promoted to HC. He fails at HC, so ends up as an OC again. Then he impresses everyone again, so is promoted to HC. Then he fails at HC, so ends up as OC again.

Let's let him do for Cam what he did for Troy Aikmen.

Posted

He was the skins HC, not OC. He's a good offensive mind, but a bad game manager. So it creates a cycle: He is great at OC, so he gets promoted to HC. He fails at HC, so ends up as an OC again. Then he impresses everyone again, so is promoted to HC. Then he fails at HC, so ends up as OC again.

Let's let him do for Cam what he did for Troy Aikmen.

Sounds like somebody we know................ Ron Rivera

Posted

indeed

Posted

Turner's saying he wants to run his offense. Coaches he knows, means he's familiar, that will want him for that, and not just "oh look I recognize this guy's name."

Dropping Chudzinski is not an option for Rivera. They're tied together, in essence, and Chud hasn't been that bad. Now, the idea of dropping him for Turner would be catastrophic - they're more or less the same in almost every facet, and they have a longer standing association than either do with Rivera. You don't fire one guy to pick up his friend.

Posted

If Norv becomes the OC, he would most likely be taking complete control of the offense with no input from Rivera at all. Which could be alright since it would free Rivera up to focus all on defense which is fine since he was one of the best DCs in the league. Might also, but unlikely, mean we have no use for McDermott anymore.

OC: Norv Turner

HC/DC: Ron Rivera

Posted

Turner's saying he wants to run his offense. Coaches he knows, means he's familiar, that will want him for that, and not just "oh look I recognize this guy's name."

Dropping Chudzinski is not an option for Rivera. They're tied together, in essence, and Chud hasn't been that bad. Now, the idea of dropping him for Turner would be catastrophic - they're more or less the same in almost every facet, and they have a longer standing association than either do with Rivera. You don't fire one guy to pick up his friend.

Wrong on so many points

Posted

With Norv possibly at OC, we can put Chud in his Ideal position again helping out with play calling and being a TE coach like he was with Turner before. Hell, he could actually be considered our AHC just to make it not seem like a demotion.

Plus I think it gets us a cool opportunity for Chud to groom a Fauria type in the draft and be hands on with an athletic TE. It's his specialty.

No...just so much no...

And once again what is with everyone and fauria? He's 6'7, what else? Nothing, I watched him every Saturday.

Posted

It's going to be funny if the GM brings in his own people and none of this happens...

And I'd be ok with it

1 person likes this

Posted

It's going to be funny if the GM brings in his own people and none of this happens...

And I'd be ok with it

Eh the new GM might bring in his own HC but it'll be on the coach to hire his coordinators and assistants.

Posted

Norv the OC

That makes me moist

Posted

I'd love it. Run an actual offense

Posted

Eh the new GM might bring in his own HC but it'll be on the coach to hire his coordinators and assistants.

Indeed