Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PantherTrain84

Intresting Norv Turner comment when asked about being a OC...

60 posts in this topic

No...just so much no...

And once again what is with everyone and fauria? He's 6'7, what else? Nothing, I watched him every Saturday.

agreed. A lot of the best tight ends you just find from absolutely nowhere like Graham and Gates

Norv will be the new OC and then interim HC after Rivera is fired in week4 of the 2013 season.

He was the skins HC, not OC. He's a good offensive mind, but a bad game manager. So it creates a cycle: He is great at OC, so he gets promoted to HC. He fails at HC, so ends up as an OC again. Then he impresses everyone again, so is promoted to HC. Then he fails at HC, so ends up as OC again.

Let's let him do for Cam what he did for Troy Aikmen.

I think this time, it's strike 3 for Norv. Nobody's going to hire him as a head coach again

It's like how we were able to keep Dan Henning for so many years, but it would actually be a good coordinator this time.

agreed. A lot of the best tight ends you just find from absolutely nowhere like Graham and Gates

Yeah they're found from basketball. Gates, Gonzalez, graham.

I don't know why more teams don't pick up on the concept of drafting basketball players...or maybe it's something with the letter G?

I'd love it. Run an actual offense

Coming from someone with a gif of Cam running for a 72 yd TD against the Falcons.

I like your ideas

Man some of you have no clue ...

Why don't we bring back George Shiefert as movtivational speaker?

Turner's saying he wants to run his offense. Coaches he knows, means he's familiar, that will want him for that, and not just "oh look I recognize this guy's name."

Dropping Chudzinski is not an option for Rivera. They're tied together, in essence, and Chud hasn't been that bad. Now, the idea of dropping him for Turner would be catastrophic - they're more or less the same in almost every facet, and they have a longer standing association than either do with Rivera. You don't fire one guy to pick up his friend.

More than one team of late has had a "run game coordinator" and a "passing game coordinator" (didn't Fox give McCoy that title?) And of course there's the ever popular "assistant head coach" title as well.

That said, while I wouldn't mind seeing some changes in the assistant lineup (would love to have Juan Castillo, Dave Toub or Bobby April on board) I tend to agree that if Rivera stays, hi staff will likely stay largely intact.

Man some of you have no clue ...

Why don't we bring back George Shiefert as movtivational speaker?

I like the idea, I didn't say it was realistic. You've embarrassed yourself.

Guy I don't doubt Rex Ryan as a DC

but he's a 3-4 guy and we don't have a 3-4 personnel sorry.

If Rivera stays, Chud stays.

1 person likes this

Fug No!

"This is why I want us to fire Rivera, I don't want to become San Diego of the East."

Personally, I wouldn't mind being the "Chargers of the East." The San Diego Chargers under Norv Turner have done better then the Panthers have the last 5 seasons.

2007: 10-6 playoffs (Carolina 7-9)

2008: 8-8 playoffs (Carolina 12-4)

2009: 13-3 playoffs (Carolina 8-8)

2010: 9-7 (Carolina 2-14)

2011: 8-8 (Carolina 6-10)

Yeah, no way would the Panthers want to bring in someone who actually won 67% of their games over a 5-season stretch and going to the playoffs 3 times in 5 seasons....

Sure 2012 is gong to be bad for the Chargers, but what did you expect when the San Diego Union Tribune publishes an article saying Turner and GM A. J. Smith will both be fired after the season.

Personally, I wouldn't mind being the "Chargers of the East." The San Diego Chargers under Norv Turner have done better then the Panthers have the last 5 seasons.

2007: 10-6 playoffs (Carolina 7-9)

2008: 8-8 playoffs (Carolina 12-4)

2009: 13-3 playoffs (Carolina 8-8)

2010: 9-7 (Carolina 2-14)

2011: 8-8 (Carolina 6-10)

Yeah, no way would the Panthers want to bring in someone who actually won 67% of their games over a 5-season stretch and going to the playoffs 3 times in 5 seasons....

Sure 2012 is gong to be bad for the Chargers, but what did you expect when the San Diego Union Tribune publishes an article saying Turner and GM A. J. Smith will both be fired after the season.

bars not really set too high there.

i don't want to settle for just better than we were.

• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    black-n-blue

1. 1
    2. 2
      SCP
      SCP
    3. 3
    4. 4