Photo
- - - - -

Did we need to have this sort of season?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#25 Gabeking

Gabeking

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

if....and this whole thing is a stretch.... but if the team needed another losing season to get its crap together then its just as possible it hired the wrong coach.

i think its more likely that unless this team can get someone to rally the troops before they've lost out on a shot at the playoffs, they will continue to do so.

i see a coaching staff reluctant to change what needs to be done to make this team win until its too late. they know how to adapt, they just pull the trigger too late.

if rivera comes back next year, he and the coaching staff needs to be on a short leash. winning season or hes gone. two winning seasons in a row or hrs gone. i would even say that if they start off the season with two losses in a row or head into the bye with a losing record, he's gone.

losing can not be accepted anymore and we have to quit justifying or rationalizing it..
no more lipstick on a turd or whatever.

the reason we have a losing culture was because 1) the goal was to be just better than average, not great or the best which led to 2) losses being acceptable . which led to 3)losing being ok because theres always next week which is leading to 4) losing seasons being ok because theres always next year.

i'm tired of losing being the status quo and i dont see rivera as being the guy to turn it around. he certainly hasnt done anything to prove he can or that the new GM shouldn't go out and find his guy who can.

I love this post... Which means has getting a 3rd year >_>