#16 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,734 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

I always did love the WCO. Funny enough, the 99 team did more or less what this team does very well - get a lot of yards on 1st down and build off that. But, I grew to prefer the reasoning behind the Coryell stuff over the last few years (including seeing Harbaugh in '09,10). I like the deep ball and Coryell stuff tends to run more (and definitely disguises a lot).

Martz, and Cam Cameron. I think Cameron got the scapegoat end of the Ravens deal, though I more or less knew that Caldwell was crap anyway. Hue Jackson might be gettable if, say, Zimmer does go but Jay Gruden doesn't. I like Hue a lot.

hope you're doing well.

I'm still alive :)

#17 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,845 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

No west coast offense

#18 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,719 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Turner is brought in as an assistant and they keep Rivera and Chud. Rivera said that it was a mistake to not bring in an assistant who has head coaching experience and Turner said he wanted to go somewhere where he has worked with the other coaches before. It would unite him with his son as well.

As for scheme, why would you change horses in the middle of the stream when we are built for the Coryell and frankly have run it very successfully. The worse thing we could do to Camis change systems and make him learn the WCO for example. It might not take him five years like Vick to learn it but it would surely take 1 or 2.

#19 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Its AMAZING how last year Chud and Rivera were " Gods" in the eyes of sooo many fans and this year everyone is calling for their heads.

oh u got a point there. solid post

#20 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Turner is brought in as an assistant and they keep Rivera and Chud. Rivera said that it was a mistake to not bring in an assistant who has head coaching experience and Turner said he wanted to go somewhere where he has worked with the other coaches before. It would unite him with his son as well.

As for scheme, why would you change horses in the middle of the stream when we are built for the Coryell and frankly have run it very successfully. The worse thing we could do to Camis change systems and make him learn the WCO for example. It might not take him five years like Vick to learn it but it would surely take 1 or 2.

what father would not want that opportunity?

ofcourse all I've heard in the media is.................."Norv heading back to dallas"

btw.......what coaches are at dallas that Norv has worked with?

#21 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,062 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

i dont want chud to leave. I think hes been on the money lately.

#22 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,062 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

i dont want chud to leave. I think hes been on the money lately.

#23 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,719 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

what father would not want that opportunity?

ofcourse all I've heard in the media is.................."Norv heading back to dallas"

btw.......what coaches are at dallas that Norv has worked with?

I could find 4 coaches he worked with.

The big one is Rob Ryan who he worked with in Oakland in 2004 and 2005.
He also worked with strength and conditioning coach, Mike Woicik, in Dallas in the 90s. Woicik also worked in New England, the Saints, and back with Dallas.
He worked with Skip Peete in Washington.
He coached the special teams/kicker Chris Boniol coach when he was a kicker for him in Dallas.

Someone else might have more.

#24 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

I could find 4 coaches he worked with.

The big one is Rob Ryan who he worked with in Oakland in 2004 and 2005.
He also worked with strength and conditioning coach, Mike Woicik, in Dallas in the 90s. Woicik also worked in New England, the Saints, and back with Dallas.
He worked with Skip Peete in Washington.
He coached the special teams/kicker Chris Boniol coach when he was a kicker for him in Dallas.

Someone else might have more.

Thanks for the info

if it is truely a choice between big D and big C..........

he's coming to Charlotte.

#25 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,494 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

I'm still alive :)

Eddie Vedder ova herre

#26 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

I'd honestly prefer a stretch run offense much like the Houston Texans run and the same offense that the Broncos ran while winning their two Super Bowls with John Elway.

With a mobile QB like Cam, who can sling the ball downfield, getting him out into space on bootlegs, runs, etc would make for a brutally awesome offense. Plus, we have a big pass-catching TE in Olsen who would see his numbers soar through the roof in that style of offense.

#27 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,795 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

I'd be willing to give Jason Garrett a shot at OC if the Cowboys relieve him of his duties.

#28 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Norv had the first shot at the Dallas job when Wade got it, didn't want Garrett forced on him.

Definitely has ties to Jones.

#29 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,494 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

I'd honestly prefer a stretch run offense much like the Houston Texans run and the same offense that the Broncos ran while winning their two Super Bowls with John Elway.

With a mobile QB like Cam, who can sling the ball downfield, getting him out into space on bootlegs, runs, etc would make for a brutally awesome offense. Plus, we have a big pass-catching TE in Olsen who would see his numbers soar through the roof in that style of offense.

Rick Dennison ftfw

honestly, I think a Ross-Dennison package would be legit and possible

#30 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,449 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

isnt air coryell and the west coast pretty much the same thing.

ugh.

in that they are both types of offense? yes they are similar.

WCO depends on dumping the ball off quickly and the bulk of the work is focused on passes shorter than 20 yards and it's more of an east/west rather than north and south action. it is a dink and dunk offense.

coryell is more of a north south type offense in that it depends on the deep pass and more of a power run game.

also, the language between the two is different. WCO is a lot more complicated and wordier.

coryell is more set up to take advantage of new passing rules than the WCO.

quite a bit of difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com