• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#46 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

I wish we could see Stew's reaction live if/when he first finds out he's our new coach

#47 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,783 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

The way I see Chip Kelly running an NFL offense is similar to what the Broncos do now and the Colts did with Peyton as well, except the only difference being that audibles will come from sideline instead of the QB (at least initially).

Quick calls, get to the line, force defenses to show their hand early, and react to what the defense is showing (or pretending to show). That basic concept will work on any level.

Hopefully he doesn't run the same offense as he did in college because there is too much east west running plays which does not work in the NFL. But if he makes the proper adjustments and hastens the pace, I am all for it.

#48 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

I do think Chip Kelly will be our next HC. I think we finish 6-10, Rivera is fired, and JR brings in Kelly.

I am not thrilled about it. I'd rather have someone proven. It reminds me of when Cleveland brought in Butch Davis from Miami. Ultimately, Davis energized the Browns and went 7-9 before going 9-7 and losing in the wildcard playoffs but proved that he was not the answer to win HUGE games and the franchise was set back. I could see that here. I would rather have a guy with experience at the NFL level more qualified than Rivera. A guy we turn into a great. Mike Zimmer perhaps.

#49 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

this.

thats why i want him. besides him being a great offensive mind i believe in his ablility to lead teams and take over the lockerroom. i hope we land him. we need a big name coach to take us to the next level.

He's never really had great defenses though.

#50 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Or how about Chip Kelly goes back to school one more year, we give Rivera another year. He takes us to the playoffs we know Rovera is the guy and we keep him, if not then Kelly will for sure want to coach in the NFL in 2014, we fire Rivera and Kelly will be hired

#51 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,873 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

Pats and Packers never have good defensive and make it to superbowls and playoffs every year.
Packers had a historically bad defensive and went 15-1.

#52 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,873 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Or how about Chip Kelly goes back to school one more year, we give Rivera another year. He takes us to the playoffs we know Rovera is the guy and we keep him, if not then Kelly will for sure want to coach in the NFL in 2014, we fire Rivera and Kelly will be hired

Kelly is leaving now. With the NCAA coming down on the program, board memebers telling him theyd be fine if he was gone...hes jumping ship. I want the panthers to be there to catch him when he jumps

#53 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

That's what quality nfl defensive coordinators are for

#54 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

My Ross/Kelly 2013 bumper sticker is starting to look old, I might have to update it soon. Maybe get a sign for my lawn too.

#55 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Dammit Chip...just when I was slowly getting on that Rivera bandwagon

#56 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,918 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

people are wanting to see Kelly with Cam and our offense to see what he can do with it. I don't think it would be any better than what Chud is doing.

#57 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,630 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

YES please.

When Belichick is stealing plays from you and picking your brain, you can coach.

#58 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Genius= Chips Strategy/Belichecks Interest

#59 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Honestly if Jerry hadn't made his mind up 4 weeks ago about Ron Rivera then this organization is in trouble. You CANNOT evaluate a coach for a team that should be a playoff contender based on games that don't matter. It's a joke to do that when 90% of being a HC is making tough decisions and getting your team to the playoffs. He has been terrible and IMO Chip Kelly would come in here and maybe be the most efficient HC in the NFL. The guy is a freaking machine, whether or not he runs that Oregon offense is besides the point...he is a stud head coach.

#60 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

those defenses show up in the playoffs every year just like last year when vince wilfork helped pats win over the ravens and the last second toucdown they knocked loose.

didnt packers have someone int ben when he was about to take the lead......defense is very important in superbowls hopefully someone can get it right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.