#121 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

Honest question, Rayzor...

What do you see as the main factor(s) that has held back the Oregon teams and kept them from winning it all?

And a follow up question...

Do you think it would be possible to have a Chip Kelly offense coupled with a defense designed to stop traditional NFL offenses? And if so, how would the defense get enough practice time against a traditional offense?

#122 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Chip Kelly/Cam is just an offensive orgasm waiting to happen

#123 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

If we bring in Kelly, I hope he brings in Norv Turner as OC. We kind of run an offense now that is a hybrid of their two systems. Plus, it gives Kelly a lot of experience on the sideline. I don't know how much of a relationship they have, but Oregon is Norv's alma mater, so I'm sure they have at least met.

#124 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

I'd only be interested in Kelly if he brought an established NFL DC with him. He's shown little to no interest in defense at Oregon.

#125 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

Chip Kelly-lead in game-foot on throat-Riverdance.

#126 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

People need to ignore the noise and not get caught up in the hype. Rivera will be here a 3rd year.

#127 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

fug no. I definitely do not want Chip Kelly.

#128 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

If we bring in Kelly, I hope he brings in Norv Turner as OC. We kind of run an offense now that is a hybrid of their two systems. Plus, it gives Kelly a lot of experience on the sideline. I don't know how much of a relationship they have, but Oregon is Norv's alma mater, so I'm sure they have at least met.

Why would Norv come to Carolina, when, in your scenario, Ron Rivera would be heading somewhere else?

Also, Norv and Kelly's offense wouldn't even be similar.

#129 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

Hahaha I see that there are still a lot of users that do not understand that chip would come up with his own offense for the NFL. He wouldn't be taking the same exact scheme he runs at Oregon, and teaching it to cam. He would work with what we already know, establish basics, and adapt a no huddle offense. Chips ability to rotate pro style offensive plays with his creative shotgun packages is just automatic success waiting to happen.

And anyone hating on Oregon D, they run a really disciplined defensive scheme and Chip is vocal in that department too.

Like I've said many times before, it's just his personality, and his coach to player philosophy. He is exactly the kind of guy our young squad needs.

#130 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,698 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

Hahaha I see that there are still a lot of users that do not understand that chip would come up with his own offense for the NFL. He wouldn't be taking the same exact scheme he runs at Oregon, and teaching it to cam. He would work with what we already know, establish basics, and adapt a no huddle offense. Chips ability to rotate pro style offensive plays with his creative shotgun packages is just automatic success waiting to happen.

And anyone hating on Oregon D, they run a really disciplined defensive scheme and Chip is vocal in that department too.

Like I've said many times before, it's just his personality, and his coach to player philosophy. He is exactly the kind of guy our young squad needs.

THANK YOU!!

#131 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,809 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

I love all the hype and speculation that goes on this time of year but,
I think some of you are overlooking a very important word...............finance

JR is not going to throw top dollar at a risky investment with a totally new and expensive staff
(which some of you say will have to be a vet OC and DC in order for Kelly to succeed)
while having to pay his current staff for the next two years...............not going to happen.

JR didn't get to where he is in life by chasing the new shiney toys and pissing away Millions of dollars.

#132 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,457 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

Chip Kelly/Cam is just an offensive orgasm waiting to happen

In college.....yes

In the NFL....I just am not sure

#133 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

In college.....yes

In the NFL....I just am not sure

It all depends if he adjusts accordingly

#134 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

I love all the hype and speculation that goes on this time of year but,
I think some of you are overlooking a very important word...............finance

JR is not going to throw top dollar at a risky investment with a totally new and expensive staff
(which some of you say will have to be a vet OC and DC in order for Kelly to succeed)
while having to pay his current staff for the next two years...............not going to happen.

JR didn't get to where he is in life by chasing the new shiney toys and pissing away Millions of dollars.

But to be fair, what he's done and who he's brought in, hasn't translated to much success. If Rivera IS let go, its time to think outside his norm.

#135 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,259 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

Cam should have, at most, 2 designed QB runs per game. I don't watch college ball, but it sounds like Kelly runs some kind of full time option scheme, and that's the exact opposite of what we need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com