Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finding a Dirt Cheap Daily Driving Car

20 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm looking into buy a beater for maximum $2500.

Im trying to keep the miles off of my car right now so I need something that wont blow up on me but will prob be old with lots of miles.

What would be my best bet? Honda? Nissan altima/maxima??

And where should I look?? Craigslist??

Any of you guys want to sell me your beaters? ;)

Posted

I bought a 2000 Honda Civic to do basically the same thing. Granted I got it with 100,000 miles for 5 grand. It's the beigeiest, gutless, soulless, japaneseiest thing ever, but it's probably the best car i've ever owned.

Oh yeah and got it from one of those buy here pay here joints, def look on craigslist too.

Posted

get a '92 honda civic VX...

I got a friend who has one with over 700,000 miles on it...

Posted

PM mush....he deals in high mileage Hondas.

Posted

I got a 99 Mazda 626 v6 earlier this year as a backup. It's a nice little car and I paid $1900 for it with 150k. I just wouldn't buy the I-4 version, they are poo

Posted

i have a 1990 toyota corolla i paid less than a grand for and have been driving it for 5 years and it only has 200k miles on it. i drive that thing through hell and back

anything early to mid 90s with low miles, toyota, nissan, honda, lexus, acura.....all of those make damn good beaters

Posted

Thanks guys

Posted

Toyota Yaris, hatchback 5 speed

Posted

get a mid-late 90's Toyota Celica

most came with the almost bulletproof 1.8 liter 4 banger. Great on gas, super durable, easy to work on, and if you get the hatchback model you can haul a ton of poo.

Corolla's of that time period had the same drivetrain, but are less fun to drive.

Posted

get a mid-late 90's Toyota Celica

most came with the almost bulletproof 1.8 liter 4 banger. Great on gas, super durable, easy to work on, and if you get the hatchback model you can haul a ton of poo.

Corolla's of that time period had the same drivetrain, but are less fun to drive.

those celicas have the same motor as my corolla, only with dual exhaust and an overhead cam

you can blast them full of sand and still drive them another 10k miles

Posted

Also would not hurt to look at Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable.

I bought one in college for 3,500 with 75K miles, drove it another 75K, and never put any $$$ into it, and sold it for 1,500.

Posted

Like everybody said Honda/Nissan/Toyota are the best old cars.