Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthro

NRA's Official Recommendation - MOAR GUNZ!111

106 posts in this topic

I'm actually not opposed to the idea at all as part of a mass effort of reducing shooting, but it just calls out the real motives of the activists.

Gun collectors want easy and cheap access to guns.

The NRA and the gun lobby want to make money.

Personally I say take the funds collected from firearm restrictions and use them to fund the security agents.

I would think any law passed would inckude this language.

Remember when the Black Panthers took advantage of 2nd amendment until Reagan passed Gun Control laws in California? With the approval of NRA

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/09/the-secret-history-of-guns/308608/#

So hunters were first largely unregulated and drove these animals to the point of extinction. Then government finally stepped in, imposed restrictions, required permits, and used the revenue to manage the wildlife and habitats, and now there's not a problem.

I wonder if there's anything we could learn from this...

No sir it was many activities that led to the destruction of the enviriment. It was gun enthusiest (sp?), whose paid/paying for it now. The piont I was making is firearms,archery equipment, and ammo are already heavily taxed. I don't want to be taxed even more. If parents want extra security at schools (rightfully so), let them pay for. I've mentioned multiple times I'm fine with educated regulation, but extra taxes no.

Holy cow maybe we need the NRA to fund the vocabulary classes while we are at it.

jobs are going to be created, increased tax base and increased revenues AND at first blush at least cursory level better saftey for schools.

my soft power of influencing the planet continues. one day i shall be a super villian with a heart of gold.

I just heard someone make the point that Columbine had an on duty armed police officer. Wonder what the response to that will be. I predict silence

1 person likes this

This is a very interesting take on how deep the divide is in this country over some issues. There are a huge number of people in this country who think the solution to mass killings like this is to make sure more people are armed to fire back...

Dunno how I feel about that in a school setting... I'm not convinced having an extra armed individual at a school would really deter anyone.

the grocery store i go to has a security guard for crying out loud. this is not an outlandish expectation to have for our kids at school.

sorry Johnny, you can't have a soda or candy because we know whats best for you. you can get a condom though because, we know what's best for you.

but we can't spend a few extra bucks to protect you. because..well....umm...we know whats best for you.

it's not... a lot of schools already have this. I just don't know what it would actually accomplish, and seems to be a way to try to deflect the conversation.

the grocery store i go to has a security guard for crying out loud. this is not an outlandish expectation to have for our kids at school.

sorry Johnny, you can't have a soda or candy because we know whats best for you. you can get a condom though because, we know what's best for you.

but we can't spend a few extra bucks to protect you. because..well....umm...we know whats best for you.

Its not an outlandish suggestion. Its also not a solution.

Unless the plan is to outfit every public school with a small armory