#71 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Liberals (Delhomey and Panthro)say, "it's all the fault of guns and NRA"

NRA says "let's put police in all schools"

Both sides cling to positions held for a long time. Neither cares that much for the kids, just their longstanding positions. Otherwise, they would work together. Kinda like DC at the moment.

Nut jobs go to places that are soft and vunerable.
Immediate action would be to protect the kids. The NRA proposed something. What immediate action would the other side to protect kids starting the first of the year? The gun legislation they have always wanted would take a long time to enact. Meanwhile, who's looking after the kids? At what point even after they get their "legislation" which makes them all warm and fuzzy will they declare that schools are now safe?

Where O where would we find enough people with only millions here unemployed?

Might not be a long term best solution, but I would just as soon see my taxes go to school cops rather than about 50 pages of other government waste.

#72 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

When did I say it's all the guns fault? I think I've said from the beginning that there are many factors involved.

#73 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

"guns don't kill people, people kill people" is one of the most widespread strawman arguments i've ever seen in my life

#74 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But....

HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

When did I say it's all the guns fault? I think I've said from the beginning that there are many factors involved.

Can you break the factors down for us as a percentage so we understand your thinking better.

Assault Rifle
All guns as a whole
Legal owner of Assualt Rifle
Legal user of Assault Rifle
Illegal User of Assault Rifle
Government (Laws etc)
Law Enforcement
Public in general
Victim

Feel free to add or delete factors as you see fit and fill in the percentages as needed.

#75 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Guns
Mental illness
Desensitization to violence

#76 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But....

HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Guns
Mental illness
Desensitization to violence

How dare you speak badly of the Entertainment industry. :D

*Language warning*

#77 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

I'd count football firmly under the desensitization to violence category.

If I didn't believe the concept in general wasn't completely bullcrap on everyone except for the mental unstable. And I don't believe in taking things away from healthy people because unhealthy people can't handle it.

I don't understand why there are so many pages to discuss about the issue; go back to delhommey's liability idea and that works for me.

#78 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The Yumbo of the Huddle

• LocationColumbia, South Kacky
HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

The GOP will not rest till the can make a gun for a fetus. Cuz dis ez America!

#79 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• LocationMontford
HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

I was reading up on each state's laws about guns and it seems Ill is big on liability and fees and junk and well. Just look at Chicago.

and some states you have to take gun courses and do all sorts of other stuff.

maybe they should do stuff like they do with haz matierials. you have this cradle to grave doc. from the time it's created to the time it's disposed of.
when you buy a gun and if you are pulled over or something happens and it's determined you have a gun, you have to not only produce your gun license but your cradle to grave doc. how long have you had the gun and where did you first buy it? if you don't have it you are fined 500.00 and spend 3 days in jail no questions asked.
that allows some time to do a more extensive background check and offset or at least alter a bad guy's motive.

#80 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• LocationAlaska
HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

I was reading up on each state's laws about guns and it seems Ill is big on liability and fees and junk and well. Just look at Chicago.

and some states you have to take gun courses and do all sorts of other stuff.

maybe they should do stuff like they do with haz materials. you have this cradle to grave doc. from the time it's created to the time it's disposed of.
when you buy a gun and if you are pulled over or something happens and it's determined you have a gun, you have to not only produce your gun license but your cradle to grave doc. how long have you had the gun and where did you first buy it? if you don't have it you are fined 500.00 and spend 3 days in jail no questions asked.
that allows some time to do a more extensive background check and offset or at least alter a bad guy's motive.

There needs to be a chain of custody for each weapon, from time of manufacture, till time of destruction. It is too easy for manufacturers to produce weapons that mysteriously end up in the hands of criminals shortly after being produced.

This battle of gun rights is more about corporate profits than many would like to believe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users