Photo
- - - - -

NY Governor: Weapon Confiscation is an option...

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#16 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,962 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

I assume you Republicans celebrate a local government doing what seems right for their particular area?

Oh wait, that is just when you agree with it.

Kind of like "activist judges"

So are you ready to turn in that shiny new" home defense" shotgun you purchased recently?

Posted Image

Damned thing looks scary, 7 round mag huh?
Probably do a lot of damage with that bad boy.

http://www.carolinah..._ home defense

#17 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,225 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

I assume you Republicans celebrate a local government doing what seems right for their particular area?

Oh wait, that is just when you agree with it.

Problem is that your definition of what is right....is usually completely wrong.

Carry on

#18 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

Conservatives are all for local government so long as it does things they like.

#19 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,633 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Please note this is in reference to a ban on assault weapons. The state already has regulations on assault weapons but he considers them inadequate, so he wants to expand those.

“I don’t think legitimate sportsmen are going to say, ‘I need an assault weapon to go hunting,’ ” he said. At the same time, he noted that he owns a shotgun that he has used for hunting, and said, “There is a balance here — I understand the rights of gun owners; I understand the rights of hunters.”

In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”

#20 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Please note this is in reference to a ban on assault weapons. The state already has regulations on assault weapons but he considers them inadequate, so he wants to expand those.

Oh yeah. That.

Just following the standards of selective quoting set forth thus far in these gun discussion. :)

#21 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,633 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Oh yeah. That.

Just following the standards of selective quoting set forth thus far in these gun discussion. :)

Be part of the solution, not part of the problem! (hahahahaha... ahh Tinderbox ;) )

Just clarifying since there are maybe three people who post on this forum regularly that actually look at the sources of quotes before responding to them :P

It is still a discussion to have, because it is all together something different to seize property from someone than it is to prohibit the sale of that item in the future.

#22 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,138 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

wait a minute what i'm getting out of this thread is that there's a difference between assault weapons and handguns, AND that certain ideological factions want everyone to think that "assault weapons regulation" = "mandatory taking of ur gunz." how can that be?????

#23 Datawire

Datawire

• ALL-PRO
  • 499 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Are you referring to the the judges that allow repeat offenders and felons out of prison time and time again. The majority with a recidivism rate through the roof that allow criminals back into the public to steal guns and commit murder? Which in return adds to the 'statistics' of gun violence in America?

#24 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,472 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

Hiding your firearms if they come for a grab is like not speaking or exercising your religion when in the presence of .gov. If will not do a damn thing. The minute you use your hidden firearm in an act of self defense you and your gun will be missing. Be proactive. Fight the mother fugers.

#25 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,638 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

Sooo... Buying guns with state funds and paying existing and more likely new employees of some state agency isn't "expanding" govt?

It is a significant expansion of "Big Government" spending and will only strengthen the "evil police state".

Where are the resources to pay for all these additional police coming from?

This is precisely what paranoid gun advocates and the "small government" GOP have been adamantly against for decades... till now.

No point in discussing it, your NRA/gun manufacturer overlords have spoken.

Don't ponder this hypocrisy too much.

It's time to fall in line, you gun lovin' tools of big business.

#26 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,638 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

Homicides involving firearms dropped by 59% in the decade following Australia’s gun law reforms, Harvard University researchers reported last year in an analysis of the Australian statistics.

“In the 18 years prior to the 1996 Australian laws, there were 13 gun massacres (four or more fatalities) in Australia, resulting in 102 deaths,” Howard noted. “There have been none in that category since the Port Arthur laws.”

#27 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,638 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Double post. This space for rent.

#28 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,723 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

It is a significant expansion of "Big Government" spending and will only strengthen the "evil police state".

Where are the resources to pay for all these additional police coming from?

This is precisely what paranoid gun advocates and the "small government" GOP have been adamantly against for decades... till now.

No point in discussing it, your NRA/gun manufacturer overlords have spoken.

Don't ponder this hypocrisy too much.

It's time to fall in line, you gun lovin' tools of big business.

Hypocrisy huh?

What do you call not recognizing that both of these "solutions" are an expansion of gov't?

#29 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,638 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Hypocrisy huh?

What do you call not recognizing that both of these "solutions" are an expansion of gov't?

I don't identify myself as an NRA member in fear of the "evil police state", and yet some of these very individuals including the very head of the NRA are advocating police state expansion. Hypocrites.

I don't count myself as a member of the GOP/TP, nor did I vote for any Republican Congressmen, because virtually all of them have signed Grover Norquist's, "No new taxes pledge". Yet now to avoid viable solutions to rampant firearms deaths in our society some of those very same people are advocating an expansion of government? What happened to wanting to reduce the size of "Big Government" until it is small enough to drowned in a bathtub? Hypocrites.

The fact that there were armed police officers at Columbine and Virginia Tech didn't prevent the historic loss of life and carnage. So expansion of the Police state is likely not going to do what the NRA claims it will.

On the other hand, the 59% reduction in firearm deaths and the total elimination of mass killings since 1996 in Australia, speak for themselves.

No hypocrisy on my part. We are still looking for viable solutions here, aren't we?

#30 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,322 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Love the budget hawk liberals that are showing up.

They clearly love the millions and billions wasted on liberal projects like Solyndra, Obama phones, disability fraud, etc., more than they do the children. They do not want to protect our kids!!! Just give tons of money to groups who funnel back to them in elections. Money for everything in the world, but not for the kids. I suppose paying people to sit on their azz and draw gov $$$ for doing nothing, is better than paying them to sit in schools and protect the kids?

Page from their playbook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com