Photo
- - - - -

NY Governor: Weapon Confiscation is an option...

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#46 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,035 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

Regarding Europe, there could also be cultural reasons leading to Europe's lower crime rate. The example of Australia has been mentioned here several times, but what was not mentioned is that Australia had a significantly lower muder rate before the weapons ban went into effect, so the effect of the weapons ban on the murder rate has been statistically difficult to determine.

#47 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Confiscate guns registered to thier owners. what about the criminals who don't register thier firearms? doubt the cartels registered thier fast and furious pieces

#48 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

If I have one more cartel knock on my door and demand my flat screen tv or protection payments I'm going to get real pissed off

#49 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,978 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

yeah this can't go wrong at all

#50 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

Well, at least all of the gun nuts will be dead after their dumbasses start "fighting back to protect their rights"

#51 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Europe is always looking for more un armed subjects, if you don't mind the higher violent crime it may be a nice place for you.

And now we move on to the "making stuff up" portion of the debate we've so come to love.

Or are we suddenly considering Russia part of Europe again?

#52 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,364 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

Clearly the only proper solution is to expand government by putting a law enforcement official in every school in the nation at great cost to the tax payer.

Again, just pointing out the irony.

Conservatives are all for local government so long as it does things they like.

You pretty much skipped over the multiple times I said I'm not against the idea posting cops in schools in order to jump to this conclusion. Not to mention I've never really advocated a buyback program either.

My point was for the conservative crowd, government intervention and spending is bad until it's something they like.

Umm... I just quoted every post you made in this thread... where exactly did you say "multiple times" that you're not against posting cops in schools?

What you did say was "Clearly the only proper solution is to expand government" to which I replied that having a buy back program would essentially do the same thing...

but if he can't ignore relevant parts of your post, how can he be the "both sides are wrong the truth is in the middle" mr scot clone that american political discourse so desperately needs?

As you can see, I didn't ignore anything, and whether you like it or not, the truth is generally in the middle. The lefties and righties both have their own agenda and reasons for pushing things, and the best thing for everyone is usually.... RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE. Sorry that you can't see that... but you go right ahead making fun and as usual, not contributing anything to the discussion.

Unless of course you have that one magic solution that will fix everything... if so, please enlighten us.

#53 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

lol you actually believe the truth is generally somewhere in the middle between democratics and republicans

read a book or something goddamn

#54 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,364 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

lol you actually believe the truth is generally somewhere in the middle between democratics and republicans

read a book or something goddamn

Yes because that's exactly what I said...

...and I see your eloquent magic solution. Exactly what I figured, because I'm the only one that ignores what people post... not you.

#55 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

this board is filled with democratics and republicans and you poo up every thread with your "truth is in the middle" bullshit but no, you definitely don't believe that the truth is in the middle between democratics and republicans

#56 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,364 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

this board is filled with democratics and republicans and you poo up every thread with your "truth is in the middle" bullshit but no, you definitely don't believe that the truth is in the middle between democratics and republicans

Spin and ignore... keep going.

#57 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

oh and btw

http://en.wikipedia....t_to_moderation

#58 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,364 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

oh and btw

http://en.wikipedia....t_to_moderation

An individual demonstrating this false compromise fallacy implies that the positions being considered represent extremes of a continuum of opinions, and that such extremes are always wrong, and the middle ground is always correct.[1] This is not always the case. Sometimes only X or Y is acceptable, with no middle ground possible.

See that word in there... that word "always". Did I say that word?

Hmmm... let's see... no, I said usually... and even you said "generally"... hmmm... what could that mean, could it mean that you're wrong. Yes, yes I think it does.

#59 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,930 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

Regarding Europe, there could also be cultural reasons leading to Europe's lower crime rate.

Like not having a culture of guns

#60 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Why not making all violent crimes committed with a gun instant life sentences (no chance for parole) with no ability to plea down.

Everyone cool with that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com