Photo
- - - - -

NY Governor: Weapon Confiscation is an option...

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

the truth isn't "always," "generally," or "usually" in the middle of democratics and republicans. in fact, you'll often find that republicans are objectively wrong! and that democratics are only slightly less wrong (only because they believe in noted fairy tales like evolution and global warming). a strange mixture of two objectively wrong sides isn't actually a good thing!

#62 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,615 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

the truth isn't "always," "generally," or "usually" in the middle of democratics and republicans. in fact, you'll often find that republicans are objectively wrong! and that democratics are only slightly less wrong (only because they believe in noted fairy tales like evolution and global warming)

Spinning... again. I never said that. Go back and quote me, or did you magically forget how?

I said...

No one solution is going to magically fix anything.

...and somehow you're getting all of that you said.

Is one solution going to magically fix the gun problem in this country? Please, I'll ask again... enlighten us, since you obviously have all the answers.

#63 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

You see the folly of the Golden Mean fallacy employed during discussions of matters without any clear answer. Who is right: the republicans or democrats? The liberals or the conservatives? The atheists or the theists? At these times it becomes especially alluring to hold to the middle position, the moderate position, the 'agnostic' position (as the term is consistently misused.)

The allure is easy to see, look at what it grants the holder of the position, without the need to actually think any more on the matter:

"I'm in the safest place, most likely to be right (seeing as comprises are often the only viable result in these cases). "I'm the rational one" "I'm the emotionally stable one" (after all, to withhold from deciding when things are unclear is wise) "I'm not a partisan hack, a fundamentalist or a fanatic." "Most people agree with me." (Particularly those ignorant of the matter under discussion, but this part is forgotten)

hmm this sounds like several posters here

#64 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,162 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...ting/index.html

William Spengler, 62, used a Bushmaster semiautomatic rifle, the same kind of weapon used in the assault on Sandy Hook Elementary School, Webster Police Chief Gerald Pickering said.
"He was equipped to go to war," Chief Pickering said.
The shooter, who was convicted of killing his grandmother decades ago, was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound hours later

A felon...in possession of an AR15. With laws preventing this, how on earth did this happen.

#65 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

by the way you coming into a thread and shitting it up with "but it's going to take more than just one thing!" accomplishes nothing, particularly when no one is arguing otherwise (other than i guess the conservatives who desperately want to maintain the status quo)

#66 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...ting/index.html

A felon...in possession of an AR15. With laws preventing this, how on earth did this happen.

don't we have laws against murder as well? looks like those are pointless too

#67 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,162 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

don't we have laws against murder as well? looks like those are pointless too

We don't have registration drives/control efforts on every object that can be used in a murder.

#68 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

We don't have registration drives/control efforts on every object that can be used in a murder.

yeah it seems like only those objects that are specifically designed to kill people

can't imagine why

#69 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,615 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

by the way you coming into a thread and shitting it up with "but it's going to take more than just one thing!" accomplishes nothing, particularly when no one is arguing otherwise (other than i guess conservatives who desperately want to maintain the status quo)

Hmmm... so I'm "coming into a thread"... by having a discussion with Nanuq, someone who you often agree with... and he said...

I honestly don't think there is any "stand alone" solution to the problem. Any proposal without 100% background checks for all gun sales, new and used, along with owner liability for improperly secured weapons later used in crimes, will be nothing more than window dressing on the problem.

...and I simply agree with him. But I'm the one "shitting it up"

Wow. You really have a hard on for me don't you? That or you just can't read.

If anybody's shitting up this thread... that would be you. Speaking out of turn, being flat wrong, and then not being adult enough to admit it.

#70 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

oh man what ever would we do without your "EVERYTHING'S SHADES OF GREY IN THE MIDDLE WE CAN'T JUST DO ONE THING ONLY" bullshit

it's masturbatory threadshitting. see:

The allure is easy to see, look at what it grants the holder of the position, without the need to actually think any more on the matter:

"I'm in the safest place, most likely to be right (seeing as comprises are often the only viable result in these cases). "I'm the rational one" "I'm the emotionally stable one" (after all, to withhold from deciding when things are unclear is wise) "I'm not a partisan hack, a fundamentalist or a fanatic." "Most people agree with me." (Particularly those ignorant of the matter under discussion, but this part is forgotten)

#71 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

oh and there's no hard on here. i'm not into fatties

#72 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,615 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

You continue to be the worst troll ever.

#73 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

The idea is alluring for yet one more reason and this is most likely the most important reason of all: If you can place yourself between Barack Obama and John McCain as the more rational, emotionally stable, and more likely to be correct person, then,you're smarter than the president. And if you can pull this all off with a mere cognitive shortcut - without even having to put one neuron to work on actually grasping the particulars of the debate, then so much the better.

Partisans in a debate can be seen as fans of a team: facts matter, but how they are interpreted is highly influenced by the colors of one's jersey. Even when a team changes members, or the methods for obtaining victory, the fans still root. To an outsider, it appears hypocritical - what one cheers for today, is criticized tomorrow, when utilized by one's opponents. But the holders of the Golden Mean fallacy are in no different than the partisans... their desire to 'stand above the fray' be 'more mature, more rational, more even handed, etc." is simply membership on another 'team'. It still grants the same emotional satisfactions granted to the partisans.

To be above the fray is to take no notice of it, not to instead rely upon it as one's means for attaining a sense of superiority.

#74 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

lol I remember my free thinking moderate phase in highschool and this describes it absolutely perfectly

#75 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,308 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

We go from guns to 50 shades of grey? Only in the tinderbox. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.