Photo
- - - - -

NY Governor: Weapon Confiscation is an option...

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

I love people that not only freely want to give up their own rights, but so desperately want to steal mine as well.

Shall you support the removal of the 1st as easily as they have brainwashed you to give up the 2nd?

Where is violent crime the highest in this nation? The places where law abiding citizens have been disarmed....

#42 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

These threads are like a zombie movie but with gun nut blowhards replacing the undead.

#43 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

Europe is always looking for more un armed subjects, if you don't mind the higher violent crime it may be a nice place for you.

#44 mav1234

mav1234

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Good. It isn't NY's governor's fault that these guys misintrepet the 2nd amendment.

Well regulated militia. Gun owners are no longer well regulated.

I do think the 2nd amendment was intentionally worded to allow citizens to own firearms in order to protect themselves. I think that because militias of the past have become the national guard, some people are misunderstanding what militias were like in that day.

Interesting to note what could have been meant by the word regulated. It can be interrupted as controlled, but it could also be interrupted as something along the lines of conforming to expectations; that is to say, a militia without weapons is not exactly an effective militia. On the other hand, an unregulated militia that is uncontrolled is also dangerous. Ehh.

Honestly, the Founding Fathers did not consider the level of change in weaponry, nor the depths of mental insanity, when the 2nd amendment was written, I suspect. Just my opinion though.

Shall you support the removal of the 1st as easily as they have brainwashed you to give up the 2nd?

Brainwashed? uhm, what? Try objective thinking. Just because we disagree doesn't mean one of us was brainwashed.

I don't to ban all guns, but I do want stricter regulations, I do want a ban on assault rifles, and I would like more accountability for the use of firearms in violent crimes.

#45 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

Europe is always looking for more un armed subjects, if you don't mind the higher violent crime it may be a nice place for you.

Per capita rates are higher in many European countries likely due to the higher population density in many of those countries - if you look at statistics from European vs American cities you see a bit of a different story in many cases, whereas the national levels tend to suggest a more violent Europe. Exactly which is true depends more than a little bit on perspective. I'd be willing to bet most of the populated regions of the US have more violent crime than most of the populated regions of Europe, but I could be wrong.

#46 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

Regarding Europe, there could also be cultural reasons leading to Europe's lower crime rate. The example of Australia has been mentioned here several times, but what was not mentioned is that Australia had a significantly lower muder rate before the weapons ban went into effect, so the effect of the weapons ban on the murder rate has been statistically difficult to determine.

#47 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationnorth carolina
HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Confiscate guns registered to thier owners. what about the criminals who don't register thier firearms? doubt the cartels registered thier fast and furious pieces

#48 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

If I have one more cartel knock on my door and demand my flat screen tv or protection payments I'm going to get real pissed off

#49 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• LocationMontford
HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

yeah this can't go wrong at all

#50 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

HUDDLER

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

Well, at least all of the gun nuts will be dead after their dumbasses start "fighting back to protect their rights"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users