Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCM Mock 1.0

21 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm going for a different view here than i've seen so far.
I'll start by saying no to a DT early on I agree with Rivera that DT's are better claimed in FA because they take a lot longer to develop.I also believe we have a lot of serviceable depth there so even late it's not a pressing need. Feel like we'll find a corner via F/A also

I think we trade back a bit in the 1st and swap 2nds with that team to pick up their third. 19-25 range

1. Dallas Thomas G/T Tenn
[yt]0Xuxi2oLJgs[/yt]
This guy put in work on Clowney this year one on one I think he comes in ready to contribute immediately!

2. Darick Rogers WR Tenn Tech 6'3 208
[yt]5BHOXRyDLuw[/yt]

Was a play maker before transferring.

3. Robert Lester S Alabama 6'2 210
[yt]9M3uV33Tqy0[/yt]

Great player helps solidify the secondary

4. DJ Swearinger FS SC 5'11 210
[yt]a0-KmJK2GSk[/yt]

2 Safeties in a row? Yes because this one can play everywhere! The guy I absolutely have to have on this team this year. Great leader and tackler makes WRs fear to come his way. Can play both safety spots as well as corner which may be where he goes at this level because of his size which may cause him to fall to the 4th.

5. Marcus Lattimore RB SC 6'0 212
[yt]JRigxZAbz1I[/yt]

Taking a flyer on him here we hold on to D-will one more season then cut ties next year when Latt is healed up and ready. The talent is undeniable and a steal in the 5th round.

6. Take a kicker here for the future.

Just a different approach here.

Posted · Report post

LOL.

Posted · Report post

So let me get this straight, we trade down about 10 spots in the first, also going down 10 spots in the second and all we get for moving down 10 spots in both rounds is a third?! Uh no thanks to that and to Dallas Thomas in the 1st. I'd like him in the 2nd. I'd like Rogers in the 2nd if we get our DT in the first (obviously I disagree that getting one in FA is ideal, too expensive).
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hmmmm theres almost a pattern here but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Posted · Report post

that he took two vols then two sc players ^^

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BigSyke' timestamp='1356134295' post='2056980']
that he took two vols then two sc players ^^
[/quote]

merely coincidence my good man :P

Posted · Report post

[quote name='JawnyBlaze' timestamp='1356131556' post='2056920']
So let me get this straight, we trade down about 10 spots in the first, also going down 10 spots in the second and all we get for moving down 10 spots in both rounds is a third?! Uh no thanks to that and to Dallas Thomas in the 1st. I'd like him in the 2nd. I'd like Rogers in the 2nd if we get our DT in the first (obviously I disagree that getting one in FA is ideal, too expensive).
[/quote]

Yeah I like thomas in the 2nd also but for moving back a bit we'd be out of range for warmack so I figured with the way rookie cap is why not grab the need earlier.

We have to get into the 3rd round it just must be done.

Posted · Report post

I really like the mock. I just hope it can happen.

Posted · Report post

but will marcus come off of that injury and if he does i dont think he has big play(speed) ability of dw.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BigSyke' timestamp='1356143730' post='2057174']
but will marcus come off of that injury and if he does i dont think he has big play(speed) ability of dw.
[/quote]

He should! Keep in mind that he injured a different knee than the one from before. Also note he's a complete back Blocking,Recieving and Running he does it all well. He isn't a speed guy he's very shifty and fights for tough yards. Also keep in mind he ran out of shotgun a lot in college which is what the panthers run out of more than anything so it's his comfort zone. His ideal playing weight is 232 and before he was injured the 1st time he was running a 4.5 so he has that sneaky speed.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCMunnerlyn1' timestamp='1356138356' post='2057058']

Yeah I like thomas in the 2nd also but for moving back a bit we'd be out of range for warmack so I figured with the way rookie cap is why not grab the need earlier.

We have to get into the 3rd round it just must be done.
[/quote]

I just don't think it would cost 10 spots in the 1st and 2nd rounds just to pick up a third... Moving down 10 spots in the first alone should get us at least a 2nd...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='JawnyBlaze' timestamp='1356157281' post='2057461']
I just don't think it would cost 10 spots in the 1st and 2nd rounds just to pick up a third... Moving down 10 spots in the first alone should get us at least a 2nd...
[/quote]

I think about it this way .. in the 1st 20 or so picks you are sure to find a starter. the next 7 you are likely to find one so 10 spots to be able to tap into this deep secondary draft is a price i'd be willing to pay. Teams are stingy about picks unless you're cleveland or Atl So I feel like swapping 1st and 2nd with another team for a 3rd is somewhat realistic and it's not as bad as it seems. I would def rather only have to swap 1sts for a 3rd though.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCMunnerlyn1' timestamp='1356161466' post='2057474']

I think about it this way .. in the 1st 20 or so picks you are sure to find a starter. the next 7 you are likely to find one so 10 spots to be able to tap into this deep secondary draft is a price i'd be willing to pay. Teams are stingy about picks unless you're cleveland or Atl So I feel like swapping 1st and 2nd with another team for a 3rd is somewhat realistic and it's not as bad as it seems. I would def rather only have to swap 1sts for a 3rd though.
[/quote]

When I get home in a couple days I'll do some research but I'm away from any computers right now (I'm on my phone) I promise you it shouldn't take that much to just get a third. I would instantly hate our new GM if he came in and gave up 20 draft spots just to get a 3rd round pick. A late third at that.

Posted · Report post

Oh this is bad. And gamecock homerness is showing.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1356163700' post='2057484']
Oh this is bad. And [b]gamecock homerness is showing[/b].
[/quote]

I assure you I could have done a lot more in that department. But actually see through the homer and you'll find that the team is helped equally on both sides of the ball in areas of need and also found a kicker. hazzah.

Posted · Report post

That first pick would absolutely ruin the draft for me.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1356167968' post='2057499']
That first pick would absolutely ruin the draft for me.
[/quote]

Because of who it is or where it's happening? The guy is good?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCMunnerlyn1' timestamp='1356197364' post='2057677']

Because of who it is or where it's happening? The guy is good?
[/quote]

Dont worry SCM. If we were able to trade back, Id be fine with taking Dallas Thomas .
Bwood just have a huge crush on Joeckel and wont believe that no other Tackles after Joeckel is worth taking. Dallas is a beast and could really be taken in the 1st.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1356198070' post='2057683']

Dont worry SCM. If we were able to trade back, Id be fine with taking Dallas Thomas .
Bwood just have a huge crush on Joeckel and wont believe that no other Tackles after Joeckel is worth taking. Dallas is a beast and could really be taken in the 1st.
[/quote]

Joeckel is a top 5 pick so him being mad it's not Joeckel wouldn't really be plausible in this situation. I'm not worried about it just curious as to how a solid player could ruin a draft for someone when we need O-line help something serious. I was thinking it was because almost everyone wants a DT.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCMunnerlyn1' timestamp='1356198404' post='2057688']

Joeckel is a top 5 pick so him being mad it's not Joeckel wouldn't really be plausible in this situation. I'm not worried about it just curious as to how a solid player could ruin a draft for someone when we need O-line help something serious. I was thinking it was because almost everyone wants a DT.
[/quote]
No it's not bc everyone want a DT. I want a DT badder than anyone else on this board and im fine with Dallas depending on if we were to trade down and take him mid to late. Any position could be taken from that point bc we have so much needs. It only matter what you take in the top 10, after that you could really take whoever you want and it wouldn't hurt a bit.

Dallas is very athletic that if we took him, we could move him to RG.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1356198974' post='2057693']
No it's not bc everyone want a DT. I want a DT badder than anyone else on this board and im fine with Dallas depending on if we were to trade down and take him mid to late. Any position could be taken from that point bc we have so much needs. It only matter what you take in the top 10, after that you can really whoever you want and it wouldn't hurt a bit.

Dallas is very athletic that if we took him, we could move him to RG.
[/quote]

He plays LT and LG at Tenn so yeah he could move to RG and if Campbell doesn't work out after Gross he could move over there as well.