Photo
- - - - -

Sooslow's 2013 Mock draft. Haters welcome!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Our craft pick this year hasn't been decided yet, but it looks as though we will be picking around the middle of the pack, so I have us at the 15th spot.

For our first pick, we trade back with a team that sees a player they can't afford to miss. Perhaps the Colts with the 25th pick? We gain their 2nd Rounder.

Round 1- (Pick #25) -Sheldon Richardson - Missouri -DT 6'3" 295 lbs
Posted Image

It's obvious that DT is our biggest need. We finally have the DT to go with Dwan Edwards to give our defensive line the edge we need.

Round 2- (Pick # 47) Matt Elam - Florida - Safety - 5'10" 202 lbs
Posted Image

An instant upgrade over Haruki Nakamura and a day one starter, Matt Elam will instantly upgrade our secondary.

Round 2-(Pick # 62) (from trade) Justin Hunter - Tennessee - WR - 6'4" 200 lbs
Posted Image

Due to a poor combine showing due to his knee not being fully healed, Justin Hunter falls to us in the second round and we can't pass him up. He may be the steal WR of the 2013 draft, although he won't reach his full potential coming off the injury in 2013, he will be an instant Number 2/3 receiver and eventually replace Steve Smith at number 1 in later years.

Round 4 - Gabe Jackson - Mississippi State - OG- 6'4" 320 lb
Posted Image
We need a Guard. Gabe is the best available on the board in Round 4. With Jordan Gross, Amini, Kalil, Gabe Jackson and Byron Bell as starters, our O-line looks a lot better heading into 2013.

Round 5 - Tyrann Mathieu - LSU - CB - 5'9" 178 lbs
Posted Image

Yes, he's had problems, no, Carolina doesn't like taking players with troubled history, but with a new GM, who knows? Bottom line is the Honey badger may very well be available in Round 5 and he's worth the chance.

We were able to trade Deangelo Williams in the offseason for a fifth rounder. Yes, his contract is large, but some team out there is willing to take it on to grab a proven running back. We trade with the Lions, who need him badly.
Round 5-Tanner Hawkinson - Kansas - OT - 6'5" 300 lbs

Posted Image
Tanner is a developmental prospect for RT. Best prospect still on the board. Could be a future starter.

Round 6- Caleb Sturgis - Florida - Kicker- 5'10" 185 lbs
Posted Image
I'm not big on drafting Kickers, but I don't think Gano will be the answer we are looking for. I'd rather draft the best kicker available, and keep him for years to come. Strong leg, good accuracy, he's our guy.

That wraps it up. Please feel free to leave feedback and let me know what you think.

#2 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

i like some of it. dont know bout the trade....

#3 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Uh, if it worked out that way I'd be happy enough. I'm not a huge fan of Richardson for us, we need a run stuffer not a UT, but if we're trading down like that I wouldn't hate it. I would rather get some other BPA (Warmack perhaps) and use our earliest of the two 2nds to get J Williams or some other NT. But overall yours is agreeable.

#4 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

i like some of it. dont know bout the trade....

It'd work.
1 Posted Image Chris JohnsonatRunning Back $8,000,000 Posted Image Adrian PetersonatRunning Back $8,000,000 3 Posted Image Steven JacksonatRunning Back $7,000,000 4 Posted Image Darren McFaddenatRunning Back $5,650,000 5 Posted Image DeAngelo WilliamsatRunning Back $5,250,000 6 Posted Image Michael TurneratRunning Back $5,000,000 Posted Image Arian FosteratRunning Back $5,000,000 8 Posted Image Reggie BushatRunning Back $4,500,000 9 Posted Image Maurice Jones-DrewatRunning Back $4,450,000 10 Posted Image Marshawn Lynchat
Running Back

$4,000,000

He's up there as far as salary, but here's why everyone would be happy.
1. Detroit needs him bad. Imagine if they had a solid running back to go with their receiving core? They'll pay big, but probably not his entire contract.
2. We have quality rookies waiting to be the next back up. D-Will is at that point where he will start declining soon. Get what we can from him now. Also, we clear up 8 million in cap space with this trade.
3. D-will will not only take this deal, he'll restructure his contract to make it work. 4-6 more years as a backup, or 4-6 more years as a starter. His entire career he's had to share carries, he'll get the full load here and show the world what he can really do.

Uh, if it worked out that way I'd be happy enough. I'm not a huge fan of Richardson for us, we need a run stuffer not a UT, but if we're trading down like that I wouldn't hate it. I would rather get some other BPA (Warmack perhaps) and use our earliest of the two 2nds to get J Williams or some other NT. But overall yours is agreeable.

Didn't someone mention in another thread that some teams play with two UT's? I'm not sure how he holds up against the run, but he's climbing draft boards quick. I believe this would help our pass rush immensely.

#5 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Yea some teams do, and they're usually poor against the run. Philly has been that way for a while.

#6 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

I like it. Good draft.
I'm just not sure if it'll be easy to trade down. And Richardson will be gone in the top20, maybe even top15 to be exact. Dnt think he'll be sticking around there at pick 25.

#7 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,672 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

just a quick fyi the colts have already traded their 2nd round pick to the dolphins for Vonte Davis.

#8 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

i wonder should tyrann change too saftey given that tall wr's are getting popular like calvin, idk see him matching up good with those guys.

maybe he could be something like a bob sanders(colts) type player????

#9 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,626 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

i wonder should tyrann change too saftey given that tall wr's are getting popular like calvin, idk see him matching up good with those guys.

He's a nickel back like Captain.

#10 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,687 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

Elam and Hunter will almost certainly be gone, given where we pick in your mock, IMO.

#11 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

Mathieu is a nickle corner. He also is really bad in coverage. Often get beat most of the times. He only make plays by turnovers, which might not likely happen covering NFL receivers.

Hes also too small to play safety. You cant compare him to Sanders bro. C'mon. Sanders was a beast. The man was built like a beast and he was a 8 man in the box tackling Safety. Mathieu would die trying to hit RBs in the NFL. Sanders was a great Safety and it didnt took long before these running backs took him out of the league. Mathieu wouldnt last half a season.

#12 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

Didn't someone mention in another thread that some teams play with two UT's? I'm not sure how he holds up against the run, but he's climbing draft boards quick. I believe this would help our pass rush immensely.

Yea that was me.
Teams like Tennessee, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Seattle, St. Louis, Detroit, Philly, Jacksonville, and Atlanta all runs "two UTs".

#13 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

Welcome to fantasy island!!

#14 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

i wasnt saying he would be bob sanders just comparing because both of them are small. idk if tyraan. could play corner i see him as a pr guy in the nfl.n

#15 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,707 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Hunter will be a late first rounder if not mid first round. I think Patterson out of tenn will still be there in the 2nd. thats who i like most. Hes 6'3 205 and runs a 4.47 or something like that he could easily be our deep threat we need

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com