#31 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,457 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Tyrconnell is a single malt Irish whiskey. I suggest trying some

I'll keep an eye out for it, but it's illegal to ship alcohol here unless it's for "sacramental use," so I'm mostly limited to what stores have.

#32 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,277 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Burma? Didn't they change the name to Myanmar?

yes, but nobody really calls it myanmar outside of the current government that renamed it. most of the country's citizens still refer to themselves as burmese and the country as burma

macallan is wonderful. i'd love a good bottle of it. dalmore was my first experience with being serious about it so i tend to go back to that for nostalgia; how come you aren't a fan?

if i'm thinking of the right scotch it's too peaty for me/ the bar i work at used to be a scotch-and-cigars bar for a good twenty years before smoking was banned indoors, and right before it got revamped i started working there long enough to sample all of the 30+ scotches we had available. i think the dalmore was one of the first ones i tried and i recall not enjoying it (thought with 30 scotches it might not've been the one i'm thinking of.)

...wait a minute, i am a dipshit, i'm thinking of laphroig.

edit: where the hell do you live?

#33 Shufdog

Shufdog

• HUDDLER
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

Posted Image

#34 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,599 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

I'll keep an eye out for it, but it's illegal to ship alcohol here unless it's for "sacramental use," so I'm mostly limited to what stores have.

I hated living in AL

#35 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,457 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

yes, but nobody really calls it myanmar outside of the current government that renamed it. most of the country's citizens still refer to themselves as burmese and the country as burma

if i'm thinking of the right scotch it's too peaty for me/ the bar i work at used to be a scotch-and-cigars bar for a good twenty years before smoking was banned indoors, and right before it got revamped i started working there long enough to sample all of the 30+ scotches we had available. i think the dalmore was one of the first ones i tried and i recall not enjoying it (thought with 30 scotches it might not've been the one i'm thinking of.)

...wait a minute, i am a dipshit, i'm thinking of laphroig.

edit: where the hell do you live?

alabama. and yeah, laphroiag is extremely peaty, almost charcoalish. i'm not a fan. dalmore is more spicey and sort of coffee-ish.

#36 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,277 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

we just started carrying highland park... not my favorite but it's not bad.

what i've never understood people's obsession with JW Blue. it's ok, but for its reputation and price it's pretty underwhelming. i'd take a macallan 15 over it any day

#37 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Posted Image

I see your MD and raise you:

Posted Image

#38 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,457 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

we just started carrying highland park... not my favorite but it's not bad.

what i've never understood people's obsession with JW Blue. it's ok, but for its reputation and price it's pretty underwhelming. i'd take a macallan 15 over it any day

i've never had blue label due to not being an idiot with my money, but if it's anything like most JWs i can't imagine it's worth it. i've never been much for blended scotch regardless.

i'd definitely try it if someone poured me a glass, but that's where my interest in that ends.

#39 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,277 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

yeah i can't imagine paying $300+ for a bottle of blended malt. i actually enjoy JWR (but it's cheap as hell so the quality/price ratio is legit.)

#40 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,457 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

You like red label neat? i would use it in an old fashioned or something but wtf

#41 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,277 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

yeah i know it's an embarrassment but i love the stuff. back in my broke college days that's what i drank. now i can afford the macallan but in a pinch i'm ok with red label

#42 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,599 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

I've been given blue on a number of occasions (bottles) and some macallan 25 (by the glass) and I would take a single glass of 25 over a bottle of jwb 10 out of 10 times.

Brought my dad back some old pulteney 21 from England. It's tasty

#43 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,457 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

I've been given blue on a number of occasions (bottles) and some macallan 25 (by the glass) and I would take a single glass of 25 over a bottle of jwb 10 out of 10 times.

Brought my dad back some old pulteney 21 from England. It's tasty

it's the Apple of whisky. make it twice the price of comparable products and people will buy it to show off.

#44 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,806 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

*note to self, get macallan

#45 GentlemanJack

GentlemanJack

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Jack
Tennessee Honey
Patron
Hennessy
Captain Morgan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.