Boy YML turned this thread to dildos.

#47 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

while I understand that early on the Tea Party stood for something else, it seems as if the candidates that appeal to Tea Party people are overwhelmingly social conservatives and not the libertarians it seemed like the original Tea Party movement would endorse. That's why many Americans have a less positive view of the Tea Party these days, I think.

Yep. The two party system is great at taking control of genuine grass roots movements.

The Tea Party was originally a Libertarian movement at it's roots, but it was soon taken over by Michelle Bachman and Paul Ryan who's job it was was to steer the movement directly into the GOP's hands. Those people should have supported Ron Paul, but like I said, they allowed the Neo-cons to steal there message.

The same with occupy. Occupy was originally mostly military veterans and Libertarians who were protesting against NATO led warfare and the slavery of the population to the economic system that keeps printing money and screwing everyone over... But... then somehow George Soros started sending in paid people who tried to turn the whole thing into an argument about unions and also sent in actors like that douchebag that went on the Hannity show and tried to paint the movement as a bunch of communists.

My suggestion to people who are politically active such as myself is to make sure that your grass roots movements does not allow representatives from the two parties to speak for them, or your movement will be stolen and your original ideas forgotten or lost in the media spin.

#48 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,434 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

The Tea Party was originally a Libertarian movement at it's roots, but it was soon taken over by Michelle Bachman and Paul Ryan who's job it was was to steer the movement directly into the GOP's hands. Those people should have supported Ron Paul, but like I said, they allowed the Neo-cons to steal there message.

Pardon me but what party do you think Ron Paul is a member of?

#49 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

Pardon me but what party do you think Ron Paul is a member of?

I agree. I supported Ron Paul... but the more I think about it, the more I think that he was being used as a GOP outsider to scare people about Obama.

I realized after a while (before the election) that Ron Paul was holding double standards by not criticizing Romney's foreign policy just because he had a ® after his name.

Ron Paul was most likely a CIA asset being used to steer votes away from certain candidates, (but I am still not 100% certain of which candidate that was...)

Ron Paul would have been a great president, and he was preaching the truth... but he never intended to win. That ruined his legacy forever. He traded his legacy for a platform for his son.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.