• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,191 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

Link: http://pro32.ap.org/...fter-losing-job

Good article by Steve Reed

Here are some excerpts...

Beason said he has no intention of asking the team for a trade.

"I want to stay where I'm loved," said the 27-year-old Beason.

Beason on the Panthers

"I like what is happening here," Beason said of the team.

Class

"There's a big part of me that wants to return and justify that contract,"

Beason on Kuechly

"The kid is having a great season," Beason said. "He's flying to the ball and making plays. If he doesn't make the Pro Bowl it would be a shame."

#2 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Beason will probably get his wish since the signing bonus Hurney threw at his feet will accelerate the second he is cut or traded

#3 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

I love Beason as a player but he was reckless with his body. I just hope he can return to health. I also hope he doesn't put out a workout video in May that gets the Huddle freaking out saying Beason is fully healed.

#4 Verge

Verge

Huddle Troll Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Draft Star or Hankins and switch to a 3-4.

Davis/Hardy - Kuechly - Beason - Johnson/Hardy

Edwards/Fua - Star/Fua - Alexander/Fua

#5 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 16,003 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

I want to stay where I have a massive contract I've done nothing to show the last 2 years I should be allowed to play out." said the 27-year-old Beason.

fixed!

Thanks Marty!

7/29/2011: Signed a six-year, $51.338 million contract. The deal contains $25 million guaranteed, including a $20 million signing bonus. 2012: $1.25 million, 2013: $5.25 million, 2014: $6.5 million, 2015: $7.5 million, 2016: $8.75 million, 2017: Free Agent

Beason is in the exact same position Deangelo Williams and Jonathon Stewart are in thanks to Hurney magic.
Massive contracts they want nothing more to do than play out in their current form in Carolina.

#6 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,501 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

Did not see this one coming. I am actually pleasantly surprised. I thought for sure Beason would demand a trade in angry fashion. I'll gladly sit back and see how this pans out as long as Beason understands that he is either now a Will or a Sam.

#7 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,191 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

fixed!

Thanks Marty!

7/29/2011: Signed a six-year, $51.338 million contract. The deal contains $25 million guaranteed, including a $20 million signing bonus. 2012: $1.25 million, 2013: $5.25 million, 2014: $6.5 million, 2015: $7.5 million, 2016: $8.75 million, 2017: Free Agent

Beason is in the exact same position Deangelo Williams and Jonathon Stewart are in thanks to Hurney magic.
Massive contracts they want nothing more to do than play out in their current form in Carolina.

Apparently you didn't read the entire article, Beason even said he wants to say to earn that contract.

#8 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,095 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

fixed!

Thanks Marty!

Beason gets 25 million no matter what, it doesn't matter if he gets cut. He wants to earn the contract.

#9 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

Draft Star or Hankins and switch to a 3-4.

Davis/Hardy - Kuechly - Beason - Johnson/Hardy

Edwards/Fua - Star/Fua - Alexander/Fua

If we switched to a 3-4, I'd wanna hang on to Anderson.

Davis - Kuechly - Beason - Anderson

Johnson - Star - Hardy

#10 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

I want Beason here. I've got his jersey and he's still my favorite player on the team. Hes a hell of a player when he's healthy and one of the best leaders we've got. I just want him to full recover and help out where ever he can.

#11 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 16,003 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

Apparently you didn't read the entire article, Beason even said he wants to say to earn that contract.

Beason gets 25 million no matter what, it doesn't matter if he gets cut. He wants to earn the contract.

Of course he wants to stay, he's got $25 miillion non guaranteed dollars left on that contract.
Don't be a blind homer.
Last year and this Beason will have accounted for 19 tackles combined.

How about stay, and redo your contract in a performance based fashion. You know, stay and earn all that Hurney green.

#12 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

He's probably already received all his guaranteed money. The big obstacle, as pointed out above, is the acceleration if we ship him out.

In any case, we need to make a football/business decision regarding Jon, not an emotional one.

#13 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,191 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

Of course he wants to stay, he's got $25 miillion non guaranteed dollars left on that contract.
Don't be a blind homer.
Last year and this Beason will have accounted for 19 tackles combined.

How about stay, and redo your contract in a performance based fashion. You know, stay and earn all that Hurney green.

He probably will re-do his contract, but to insinuate that we need to let a guy go as good as Beason is absurd. Apparently everyone just chose to forget about Davis's return from 3 ACL injuries. If Davis can return from multiple injuries in less than two years then so can a younger and more athletic Jon Beason.

#14 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

If we switched to a 3-4, I'd wanna hang on to Anderson.

Davis - Kuechly - Beason - Anderson

Johnson - Star - Hardy

Respectfully disagree that Anderson could play olb in a 34, better suited for inside best suited for olb 43

#15 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 5,368 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

The huddle doesn't know the difference between a 3-4 OLB and a 4-3 OLB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.