Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaPanthers8789

Beason "I want to stay where I'm loved"

72 posts in this topic

Here's the problem...we have $12 million of unallocated bonus we have to absorb even in a restructure, so he is going to have to be willing to play for peanuts. We could, for example, sign him for 4 more years. The $4 million per year unallocated from the old contract would hit our cap each of the first 3 years of the new deal without him getting even $1 in cash. So how much more could we afford to absorb against our cap so he could have some salary? Maybe $1 million for those first 3 years? Do you think Jon wants to play starting LB for a million a year?

Hurney did a good job of painting us into a corner on this one.

Where's the Hurney "deal with it" GIF when you need it....sigh...

If we switched to a 3-4, I'd wanna hang on to Anderson.

Davis - Kuechly - Beason - Anderson

Johnson - Star - Hardy

lol wtf is this

2 people like this

fuging love Beason. Our lb corp is my favorite group of the team.

Here's the problem...we have $12 million of unallocated bonus we have to absorb even in a restructure, so he is going to have to be willing to play for peanuts. We could, for example, sign him for 4 more years. The $4 million per year unallocated from the old contract would hit our cap each of the first 3 years of the new deal without him getting even $1 in cash. So how much more could we afford to absorb against our cap so he could have some salary? Maybe $1 million for those first 3 years? Do you think Jon wants to play starting LB for a million a year?

Hurney did a good job of painting us into a corner on this one.

It's amazing how many people thought Hurney was a "cap genius" when the only way he could finagle the cap was by utilizing the signing bonus, and boy did he play that fuging card to death

welcome to cap hell folks

If we switched to a 3-4, I'd wanna hang on to Anderson.

Davis - Kuechly - Beason - Anderson

Johnson - Star - Hardy

yea right. If we switch to a 34 D, TD and Anderson are pretty much gone and Johnson and Hardy all of a sudden just became olbs. And lets quit the Star talk. We took our self out of the Star talk.

I'd love to have Beason next season. Just take a pay cut 52, for the better of this team.

Beason is and has been a great leader and favorite of the fans...If anyone can come back its him.These things have a way of working themselves out ....just like TD

This article makes me hopeful, but I have little doubt that any GM is going to either have to restructure Beast, trade him, or cut him.

He probably won't have the opportunity to earn that contract.

My fear is that we ask to restructure, he politely declines, and we have to move him or cut him.

I hope that is not what happens. I want him here, and he wants to be here. I hope we can make it work. But it is doubtful that can happen at his current salary.