Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beason "I want to stay where I'm loved"

73 posts in this topic

Posted

We need 52 & 59! SUPERBOWL CHAMPS

Two linebackers wont make come close to getting you to a Superbowl. Unless they are rush backers like Aldon Smith, Von Miller, or Clay Matthews.

Posted

It's amazing how many people thought Hurney was a "cap genius" when the only way he could finagle the cap was by utilizing the signing bonus, and boy did he play that fuging card to death

welcome to cap hell folks

It was just moronic posting. Hurney worked with the same cap as everyone else and year in - year out we would have below average to average talent. Hurney wasnt a cap genius, there were just some huddletards.

Posted

Two linebackers wont make come close to getting you to a Superbowl. Unless they are rush backers like Aldon Smith, Von Miller, or Clay Matthews.

So Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacer (sp?) are not important cause they dont rush the passer?

Posted

If he plays the contract is fine.

Posted

So Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacer (sp?) are not important cause they dont rush the passer?

I'm assuming your asking this question with the intention that they both are in their prime.

Ray Lewis and Urlacher in their prime were transcendent. Even if I had both of those top 5 All time ILBers in their primes, I would not expect a Superbowl unless a had great QB's and a great pass rush to go with it. Which in that case I would expect a Superbowl because I had a great QB and a great pass rush.

Posted

I think that Beason is a team player and that he will do whatever benefits the team, within reason of course...

Posted

He probably will re-do his contract, but to insinuate that we need to let a guy go as good as Beason is absurd. Apparently everyone just chose to forget about Davis's return from 3 ACL injuries. If Davis can return from multiple injuries in less than two years then so can a younger and more athletic Jon Beason.

Do you even watch football? Beason is younger, but more athletic? What team have you been watching? Davis is an athletic freak. Beason is a jacked mother fuger for sure, but strength and athletism arent the same thing.

Posted

The huddle doesn't know the difference between a 3-4 OLB and a 4-3 OLB.

Exactly...Huddle Criteria: we gots 4lbers that are good..wait! 3-4!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

We will see when he's asked to take a pay cut and give up the d to Luke.

Posted

I say we trade Beason some team might take a gamble since he's still young 27.I think he could get us a 3rd round pick easily.

Posted

Sure Beason would restructure... But will he take a paycut? People are acting like they are the same and one is easely done and the other... well rarely happen.

Restructuring him would take some of his salary and give him them upfront in a bonus but damn it would be stupid to give him more guaranteed money with his health. So that more or less leave two options:

1) Let him play out his stupid contract and hope for the best

2) Make him take a paycut or cut/trade him with a hugh caphit but then we can look ahead

Either the Panthers og Beason is gonna make a tough decision this offseason

1 person likes this

Posted

Beason/Keek/Davis that's a dream team lb core right there. Glad to hear he wants to stay. Probably gonna have to restructure that contract a bit, but Jons a team player. It'll get worked out.

And if we put faith in Beason and TD being healthy and that they will make up our LB corp with Luke going forward......that will be silly. Beason and TD's bodies are breaking down. Can't depend and gamble on both staying on the field.

Last 3 years.....neither has been on a field enough