72 replies to this topic

#46 Panthers Nation

Panthers Nation

Swaggin on ducks on a daily basis.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

I say we trade Beason some team might take a gamble since he's still young 27.I think he could get us a 3rd round pick easily.

#47 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Sure Beason would restructure... But will he take a paycut? People are acting like they are the same and one is easely done and the other... well rarely happen.

Restructuring him would take some of his salary and give him them upfront in a bonus but damn it would be stupid to give him more guaranteed money with his health. So that more or less leave two options:

1) Let him play out his stupid contract and hope for the best
2) Make him take a paycut or cut/trade him with a hugh caphit but then we can look ahead

Either the Panthers og Beason is gonna make a tough decision this offseason

#48 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

Beason/Keek/Davis that's a dream team lb core right there. Glad to hear he wants to stay. Probably gonna have to restructure that contract a bit, but Jons a team player. It'll get worked out.

And if we put faith in Beason and TD being healthy and that they will make up our LB corp with Luke going forward......that will be silly. Beason and TD's bodies are breaking down. Can't depend and gamble on both staying on the field.

Last 3 years.....neither has been on a field enough

#49 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

I say we trade Beason some team might take a gamble since he's still young 27.I think he could get us a 3rd round pick easily.

No team is going to trade for the highest paid MLB in the NFL......that has been on IR almost the entire two last seasons.

Too big of gamble for an injury plagued LB that may never be what he was if he some how can stay on the field

#50 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Sure Beason would restructure... But will he take a paycut? People are acting like they are the same and one is easely done and the other... well rarely happen.

Restructuring him would take some of his salary and give him them upfront in a bonus but damn it would be stupid to give him more guaranteed money with his health. So that more or less leave two options:

1) Let him play out his stupid contract and hope for the best
2) Make him take a paycut or cut/trade him with a hugh caphit but then we can look ahead

Either the Panthers og Beason is gonna make a tough decision this offseason

I agree with everything you said, but would like to add one other consideration.

This is Luke's defense now. He is going to be making the on field calls, he is going to be the guy rallying the troops, he is going to be the leader. That's not to say there isn't room for leadership from other guys like TD and/or Jon, but they will be in a support role rather than the primary leadership position.

I'm just not convinced Jon is going to accept this and be happy in that kind of role.

#51 shinallsm

shinallsm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

What's James Anderson's contract looking like?

#52 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

What's James Anderson's contract looking like?

We can't afford to do it with everything else we have thanks to Hurney....

But we need to move away from Beason, Davis and Anderson. Bring in a new era to surround Luke. His D. We could also use a nice pass rusher at LB to compliment Luke. Too much money and too many injuries with the old bunch..

#53 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

Note Beason said he wants to earn his money.....

He didn't say if he needed to restructure to stay he would in order to stay

#54 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,183 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Do you even watch football? Beason is younger, but more athletic? What team have you been watching? Davis is an athletic freak. Beason is a jacked mother fuger for sure, but strength and athletism arent the same thing.

Actually, I coach football

Are you really going there? Do I watch football? You clearly do not, a man coming off three ACL injuries is more athletic than an All-Pro linebacker who for the majority of his career was considered the only man that could hold a candle to Patrick Willis at the ILB position?

Thomas Davis is a smart and savy player, he doesn't make boneheaded mistakes, has a high football IQ, is very passionate, and a hard worker. That is what Thomas Davis has going for him, Beason however has all the tools to still be one of the best linebackers in the league.

#55 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Note Beason said he wants to earn his money.....

He didn't say if he needed to restructure to stay he would in order to stay

And if he do want to restructure, trade him anyway right?

#56 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,183 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Beason is no where near athletic as TD do some hw.

I see most people on the forum can't tell the difference between hard work and athleticism.

Beason is an athletic freak. The video he posted during the offseason was absurd. The dude is a machine.

#57 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

...a man coming off three ACL injuries is more athletic than an All-Pro linebacker who for the majority of his career was considered the only man that could hold a candle to Patrick Willis at the ILB position?

Thomas Davis is a smart and savy player, he doesn't make boneheaded mistakes, has a high football IQ, is very passionate, and a hard worker. That is what Thomas Davis has going for him, Beason however has all the tools to still be one of the best linebackers in the league.

Yes. TD is more athletic than JB and always has been.

That doesn't necessarily mean he's better, just more athletic.

#58 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Actually, I coach football

Are you really going there? Do I watch football? You clearly do not, a man coming off three ACL injuries is more athletic than an All-Pro linebacker who for the majority of his career was considered the only man that could hold a candle to Patrick Willis at the ILB position?

Beason the only man who can hold a candle to Patrick Willis?

Let's not forget about

Ray Lewis

Brian Urlachler

Karlos Dansby

Navorro Bowman

James Laurinitis

David Harris

Also Luke Kuechly is better then Beason.

#59 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Pretty sure Beason even commented on Davis being a freak athletically and able to do things he couldn't when he went down and Beason tried to replace him at OLB a couple years ago.

Beason is well rounded. He is jacked up....but not overly athletic. I'd say Beason's brains actually make up for things.

#60 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

And if he do want to restructure, trade him anyway right?

I don't know....

Not a fan of continuing hoping guys plagued by injuries can be counted on. I don't want us counting on TD AND Beason going forward.

Also, we need to find a natural pass rusher IMO to play with Luke and that isn't Beason or Anderson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.