#61 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,537 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Oh how quickly people forget about Beason (it has only been two years since he was top 5 linebacker), if Beason returns to full strength, you can bet we will be revisiting this thread.

#62 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,973 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

Oh how quickly people forget about Beason (it has only been two years since he was top 5 linebacker), if Beason returns to full strength, you can bet we will be revisiting this thread.

Life in the NFL.....short windows. At most positions the top 5 is a revolving list. Maybe 2 or 3 stay in the top for a several years but it is a fluid list.

Injuries suck. But they are reality...future is now Luke.

Coming into the NFL....Luke had better potential than when Beason did. It is playing out that way. That isn't a knock on Beason

#63 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,505 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

We can't afford to do it with everything else we have thanks to Hurney....

But we need to move away from Beason, Davis and Anderson. Bring in a new era to surround Luke. His D. We could also use a nice pass rusher at LB to compliment Luke. Too much money and too many injuries with the old bunch..

I could possibly see doing away with Beason and Anderson. You wouldn't want to keep Davis, though? I don't think Davis would cost too much, and he's a great LB that can rush the passer.

#64 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Beason was a running back before he was converted to linebacker, thats pretty athletic to me, Davis may be more athletic but Beason has the ability to play all three LB positions, and pretty well at that which makes him just as unique. Also for as long as he has been in the league he has had a better career thus far when comparing him and TDs first couple of years and TD was a top 15 pick.

Please, lets not go the whole "downplay a great player just because the other player is even better" routine it isnt much difference between them when everything is added up. Davis got hurt before it was time for his pay day, Beason got hurt after his. So it kinda forces you to look at one in a good way and the other in a bad way. Beason will get healthy and be back to his old self soon.

#65 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,537 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Life in the NFL.....short windows. At most positions the top 5 is a revolving list. Maybe 2 or 3 stay in the top for a several years but it is a fluid list.

Injuries suck. But they are reality...future is now Luke.

Coming into the NFL....Luke had better potential than when Beason did. It is playing out that way. That isn't a knock on Beason

Future is definitely Luke, but if Beason would want to stay at the right price I'd love to knock Anderson out in favor of Beason. Hell TD may only have two seasons left in the league anyway, so why not just hold on to what you got if you can manage to keep them at the right price.

#66 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

I see most people on the forum can't tell the difference between hard work and athleticism.

Beason is an athletic freak. The video he posted during the offseason was absurd. The dude is a machine.

Read some before you type, TD is a man who after 3 ACL tears still runs a 4.5 40 yard dash, which is better than what Beason ran at his best when he was 22!

Davis can run faster jump higher and rebound faster he is far and away a better athlete look back to when we moved Jon to the outside the second time and you will see BEASON himself will admit this.

The video that your speaking of is pretty relevant considering the low level of play Beason exhibited in his return.

#67 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,537 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Read some before you type, TD is a man who after 3 ACL tears still runs a 4.5 40 yard dash, which is better than what Beason ran at his best when he was 22!

Davis can run faster jump higher and rebound faster he is far and away a better athlete look back to when we moved Jon to the outside the second time and you will see BEASON himself will admit this.

The video that your speaking of is pretty relevant considering the low level of play Beason exhibited in his return.

The video itself was there more for show, but fans tend to take things the wrong way anyway. Any who, I still believe a healthier Jon Beason is better than a healthier Thomas Davis.

#68 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

The video itself was there more for show, but fans tend to take things the wrong way anyway. Any who, I still believe a healthier Jon Beason is better than a healthier Thomas Davis.

I never said a healthy Jon Beason isn't better than TD in fact no one did, I said Davis is a better athlete not a better player.

You are a perfect example of fans taking things the wrong way.

#69 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,537 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

I never said a healthy Jon Beason isn't better than TD in fact no one did, I said Davis is a better athlete not a better player.

You are a perfect example of fans taking things the wrong way.

How is that? Please expound since you are so wise.

#70 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Beason was a mediocre OLB during the experiment in 2010 - his instincts and skillset are for the middle, much like Luke. I think he can still be a fantastic MLB, but based on the contract alone something will have to give.

#71 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,136 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

lol wtf is this

A recipe for getting your ass handed to you by the opposing offense.

#72 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,136 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

No one has forgotten. Beason WAS a top 5 LB who just got replaced by another top 5 LB.

It's the NFL, poo happens, if we want to be a top notch franchise we have to learn how to move on.

#73 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

A lot of people on here give Jon poo but I think the majority of fans still love him. I hope that he stays because he's a great man, great leader, and great player. I'd really hope that he doesn't pay attention to some fans because they pretty much hate everyone unless they're playing like legends every single week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com