Photo
- - - - -

Worst week in parenting so far in 5 years....

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Panthers Nation

Panthers Nation

Swaggin on ducks on a daily basis.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

Damn brah,I hope you guys get some help for your daughter.

#17 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

That kind of thing is the greatest fear of most parents. I hope it turns out ok for you and your kids.

On the bright side, the blank confused stare means she might be eligible to get a job on the Panthers coaching staff. ;)

#18 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Lol maybe that is what Ron Rivera suffers from. :)

#19 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Update on our newborn.

He was released earlier this morning from the hospital so things are on the up and up.

I'm also at Great Clips about to get my haircut. Come to find out its my 11th shape up so it's FREE!

Hope it goes by quick so I don't miss kickoff...:)

#20 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,613 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

Come to find out she has been having "absence seizures" for quite a while now. She has episodes where she can be sitting on the couch watching TV and we ask her something, but she just looks at you with this blank confused stare. All along we thought it was her hearing. This is the first time she has actually "seized up" and man was it scary.

Also our 1 month old boy was admitted to the hospital today because he has RSV. So that just made it much better.

TLDR....this week has sucked enormously.

jesus christ man what are they putting in your water supply

#21 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

Lol I have well water. :)

#22 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your babies. I'm glad your son is doing better. I hope he continues to get well. I'm glad you found out what was wrong with your daughter. It can be so scary not knowing. Knowing what's wrong can help you to feel so much better.

#23 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,332 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

JT banned for 20 hours for being a dick

#24 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Sorry to hear about all that. Good luck on working it all out.

#25 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Absence seizures are nothing to worry about. Just fill her in on what she missed. I'm being serious - that's what paramedics are taught about dealing with them.

As far as the convulsions, don't try to hold her while she's convulsing. It'll cause further injury. Make sure she doesn't swallow her tongue while she's out. Being that she's 5, you may have to hyperextend her neck slightly to keep her breathing (place her head as if she's looking up).

You can't swallow your tongue without biting it off first. Don't put your fingers in your daughter's mouth trying to hold her tongue back. She can choke on your finger after biting them off. Don't even put anything in your daughter's mouth to help protect her from biting her tongue or swallowing her tongue. You're just going to fug up her teeth and gums when she uncontrolablly bites down on it. Or she will choke on what you put in her mouth if she bites down and breaks a piece of the object off and swallows it when she returns from seizing.

When she does return from seizing, role her on her side right away. She has a better chance of choking on her own saliva or vomit when done seizing.

Just a pillow under the head and wait it out. No restraining. Move poo out of the way so she doesn't slam her arm off something hard other than the floor. Protect the head with the pillow so it doesn't bounce off the floor too hard.

Grew up with an eplipitic dad.

WebMD tips

#26 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

One of my roommates in college was epiletic.(sp) He never had seizures, but he would space out every so often. We'd being cards, or we'd be eating dinner. He just get this bank look for several minutes. I was always scared he'd do this while he was driving. (Never happened as far as I know.) 1/2 the time I never knew it. His doctor wanted him to keep a log when he had these episodes,

I hope your daughter turns out alright.

My father lost his license when he was diagnosed epliptec. He couldn't get it back until he went a full year without having any. Surprised that state didn't have a similiar law.

#27 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationCaddyshack

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

Hexafluorosilicic acid

#28 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

I have epilepsy. No biggie though. After 22 years of life only around 6 or 7.

#29 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,387 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

nobody deserves to have to watch their kids suffer. sorry man, I really hope things turn out okay for you and your kids. wish I could offer more advice but far more knowledgeable people in that area have already offered what they can.

#30 Bob NC

Bob NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Have you tried giving her a gun to see if that fixes the problem?

No wonder I don't hang out here much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.