Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nctarheel0619

Marc Ross leading candidate for Panthers GM job according to ESPN

36 posts in this topic

rotoworld...

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross has emerged as "a leading candidate" to replace Marty Hurney as Panthers GM.

Hurney was fired in October, and Brandon Beane has held down the fort as interim GM in the meantime. Former longtime Giants GM Ernie Accorsi is leading Panthers owner Jerry Richardson's GM search, so it's probably not surprising that the first place Accorsi looked was inside the organization he knows best. Ross has been Giants college scouting director for five seasons, and it's fair to argue that no team has drafted better during that span than the G-Men.

Just saw it. So how would this work exactly? So say we fire Rivera and want Chip Kelly, whats stopping other teams with a GM already just hiring Kelly before we even get a chance to sign our new GM? Knowing Ross is most likely the guy would JR just consult with Ross before we even sign him and if both Ross and JR agree on Kelly will JR just go ahead and hire Kelly before even signing ross?

Hope it's true.

Not bad. I'd prefer Tom Gamble, but Ross is the second on my list.

Yea this is who I want. Wonder how he feels about Riviera

Probably feels like he's a better defensive coordinator then coach. Like the rest of the league.

1 person likes this

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross has emerged as a leading candidate to become the Panthers next general manager, per sources.

Dear Santa Claus,

Panther Fans have been good all year.

Thanks, KG

1 person likes this

note that he said 'a leading candidate' not 'THE leading candidate'. Yas says one guy, Schef says another, Mort will have a third. they'll have a couple of other guys say someone else. Then when the new GM is announced, they can say that they said it first.

note that he said 'a leading candidate' not 'THE leading candidate'. Yas says one guy, Schef says another, Mort will have a third. they'll have a couple of other guys say someone else. Then when the new GM is announced, they can say that they said it first.

i got $10 on schefter.

He works for ESPN probably was involved in this news story considering he's their beat writer for the NFCS

If I recall, his exact words regarding Beane becoming GM were "I think". No mention of sources or actual facts.