• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Paintballr

Paintballr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

This wasn't calling it close, this was a game of fabricated calls. Both teams have a right to be legitimately upset about this game, the refs weren't allowing either team to play football.

Guess they are scared to miss a call and rather call everything than miss a call. Probably comes down from the NFL feedback to the refs. They probably are coaching to "call it" than miss it

#32 tjamtjam

tjamtjam

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

I thought the referees called the game pretty ok.

- Hardy led with his helmet -- that is a foul in today's NFL. Palmer was out of pocket so he was bound to be hit hard when he held the ball so long.
- Cam got lucky he didn't get ejected for kicking. I thought it was a correct call when he "touched" the referee -- Cam was obviously frustrated because offense was not good today.
- Kuechly hit a defenseless receiver today and it looked like a illegal hit because the receiver's head snapped back. The same thing happened when Olsen was hit for a personal foul. Some other officials might not have called these hits but at least today's officials called them for both teams.

I don't remember any other questionable spots or other calls or long conferences where the officials didn't seem to know what they were doing.

#33 bigjohn

bigjohn

Block and Tackle

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

They were bad on both sides.

Cam gets shoved out of bounds after throwing the ball away..should have been a call based on the "rules".

Luke got screwed on one call too-- it was freaking chest-to-chest.

Maybe they can just not call those "defenseless" receiver calls and have the NFL review the questionable hits each week. If it's found to be helmet-to-helmet, get a big-ass fine. Maybe have a point system and after so many points get suspended a game. Something's gotta change.

#34 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,650 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

this was hands down the most un-fun win i've ever witnessed thanks booger and the boys. absolutely terrible.

#35 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Officiating is bad in the Denver/Cleveland game too. Ghost calls all over the place...announcers calling them out on it. Alberto Riveron is the head ref.

#36 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,926 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

I thought the referees called the game pretty ok.

- Hardy led with his helmet -- that is a foul in today's NFL. Palmer was out of pocket so he was bound to be hit hard when he held the ball so long.
- Cam got lucky he didn't get ejected for kicking. I thought it was a correct call when he "touched" the referee -- Cam was obviously frustrated because offense was not good today.
- Kuechly hit a defenseless receiver today and it looked like a illegal hit because the receiver's head snapped back. The same thing happened when Olsen was hit for a personal foul. Some other officials might not have called these hits but at least today's officials called them for both teams.

I don't remember any other questionable spots or other calls or long conferences where the officials didn't seem to know what they were doing.

No.

Hardy's hit was borderline only because of the helmet.

Keeks hit and the hit on Olsen were absolutely not fouls.

Stupid, stupid calls.

#37 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

In the refs defense, they have made bad calls in the panthers favor too.

So they arent biased so much as bad at their job

Agreed. The bad calls went both ways. Just an inept set of refs today.

#38 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,114 posts
  • Location704

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Anytime u can name the officials it's never a good thing. However there was some integrity to the officials they called the same penalties on both teams.

#39 bigskypanthersguy

bigskypanthersguy

Prowl, Cats, Prowl.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

No.

Hardy's hit was borderline only because of the helmet.

Keeks hit and the hit on Olsen were absolutely not fouls.

Stupid, stupid calls.

I never saw any indication of Hardy leading with his helmet. To me, it always looked like he hit him with his shoulder, which is as far as I know supposed to be the prototypical tackle.

#40 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,926 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

I never saw any indication of Hardy leading with his helmet. To me, it always looked like he hit him with his shoulder, which is as far as I know supposed to be the prototypical tackle.

His helmet hit Palmer in the back.

However, I still do not believe that it was an illegal hit. It was hard football and a shitty penalty.

#41 shinallsm

shinallsm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

worst officiated game i've ever seen.

#42 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

His helmet hit Palmer in the back.

However, I still do not believe that it was an illegal hit. It was hard football and a shitty penalty.

It looked to me that his helmet touched his back as he hit him, but the impact point was Hardy's shoulder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com