Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rubi

Need OLine help

24 posts in this topic

There might not be an OT worth picking where we pick. However, the guard Warmack is a stud. I was saying earlier that he might be the best college football player overall based on what he does at his position next to Johnny Manziel.

If no LT is there when we pick, grab Warmack and try to squeeze 1 more year out of Gross at LT.

Gross is on the downside of his career and it's showing. Bell's pass blocking worries me a lot sometimes. Hangarter is too weak and slow to be effective in run blocking. Kalil is undersized and sometimes against bigger DTs he gets abused. We don't have a starting level RG. Our backups are terrible, so depth is a major problem. We have no choice but to use this draft to upgrade our O-line, or risk losing Cam to injury, and having another losing season.

Im started to come around to Warmack, Cam getting hit so much is starting to scare me.

Warmack is a pretty good pass blocker, but what makes him great is his run blocking.

With the way the draft position is falling I'm thinking it is Warmack range now.

Unfortunately another year and no receiver in the 1st round

Smh

1 person likes this

If you want to see Warmack pass blocking against a quality pass rusher, then go to 1:27-1:32, he's matched up against Fletcher Cox some in that game. Warmack's weakness is that he's kinda slow when he pulls or he's out in space, but in the trenches he's incredible.

Cam is getting better and with ample pocket time will make our current crop of receivers look much better than you think they are. Without the OLine, no run or passing attack will be efficient