28 replies to this topic

#1 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Seriously you already know a new GM is coming. We had players who made it clear they didn't like the Hurney move. Don't make him feel unwelcome cause you best believe he will have his view on things. He will have his view on coaches and he'll have his view on players

Change is definitely need. 4-5 straight losing seasons. Winning games at the end after you're already under .500 and out of contention isn't acceptable period

#2 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Players didn't like that Hurney move because they like them dollar bills

#3 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,922 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

How dare these guys express their opinions about something that directly affects them :rolleyes:

#4 InnocentBystander

InnocentBystander

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationJawJuh

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

The only thing Rivera can do to save his job in my eyes is to smack up a player a la Paul Silas......anything less, and he has to go.

#5 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,405 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

I wish it was illegal for idiots to have computers.

Although it is entertaining.

#6 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,318 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

They only talk about topics they are asked about. Saying "no comment" when asked about Ron would be more damning than addressing the topic when asked.

#7 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,208 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

Im guessing players shut keep their mouths shut every time they lose.

#8 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

They only talk about topics they are asked about. Saying "no comment" when asked about Ron would be more damning than addressing the topic when asked.

I prefer "I have no control on that" or honestly and I mean this... "it is what it is"

But they made it clear PUBLICLY they're not embracing a change. So if the new GM makes changes, you know that's going to rub some people off the wrong way. Bring a new coach, his attitude and his scheme may rub somebody off the wrong way

#9 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,628 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

I wish it was illegal for idiots to have computers.

Although it is entertaining.

I agree

It means you wouldn't be on here then

#10 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

If Rivera does to the Saints* at the end of this year what those ass nuggets did to us to close out last year, then maybe, just maybe, I'd approve of him staying another year.

I really hope that of he is retained, that the new GM will watch every snap of this season and then smack RR upside the head and mandate that the offense should only use the read option sparingly. No timing routes should be called when you're sitting on a lead late in the game deep in your own territory. Wildcat is not effective. Shotgun formation is bad news when you are in danger of suffering a safety. If your OLine can't block a three man rush, don't call for slow developing pass plays. It's ok to use quick slants. Speaking of quick slants, it's ok to call proper coverage on them. Don't waste time outs. If you have the ball under two minutes before the half, it's ok to use those time outs.

Welp. After thinking about that... I'm not so sure if I want RR back.

#11 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,922 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

I prefer "I have no control on that" or honestly and I mean this... "it is what it is"

But they made it clear PUBLICLY they're not embracing a change. So if the new GM makes changes, you know that's going to rub some people off the wrong way. Bring a new coach, his attitude and his scheme may rub somebody off the wrong way

They want to keep Rivera, and they have every right to say so. It's silly to suggest they "shouldn't say it".

Heck, they have more right to talk about it than we do because this directly affects their livelihood.

#12 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,582 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Maybe you should have had a better 40 time so you could model these behaviors. it is what it is is dead...and that more than anything is probally why I am a Rivera Apologist.

#13 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,922 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

Maybe you should have had a better 40 time so you could model these behaviors. it is what it is is dead...and that more than anything is probally why I am a Rivera Apologist.

I'm pretty sure the real reason our OP wants the players to stay quiet is because he's afraid ownership might listen to them.

To be honest though, he should listen (for good or ill).

#14 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

How dare these guys express their opinions about something that directly affects them :rolleyes:

Yeah, I would think the players have far more rights to express the opinion on weather a coach should stay or go then any fan.

#15 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,253 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

As disappointed as I have been with Rivera and co. I really think he should be given another year after the way the players have been talking lately. Just saw a locker talk video with Smitty praising ol Riviera.

fug it, keep him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.