60 replies to this topic

#16 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

The justification the Raiders used is completely retarded.

#17 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 6,933 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

I missed the first half, they said they went after cam after Carson got hurt. Was the hit that dirty by hardy?

Not really. He just hit him really hard. Looked like a hard hit on the QB, but nothing that could be considered malicious.

#18 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_Is it 1996 Yet?_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,086 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Kelly says, ``You take our guy out, we're going to go and try to take your guy out. We're not out to hurt someone, but when that happens ...''

I hate the Raiders as much as the next guy but every team tries to do this every week.

#19 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,370 posts

I missed the first half, they said they went after cam after Carson got hurt. Was the hit that dirty by hardy?

Some say he led with his helmet, making it a dirty hit. Non-idiots saw a clean, hard hit. There's a picture in another thread that has photo proof that he had his head up, face in Palmer's back (not his head) meaning it was a clean hit.

#20 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

Shula Bowl Shuffle

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,931 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

hardy's hit on palmer wouldn't have drawn a flag four years ago

#21 Paintballr

Paintballr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Not really. He just hit him really hard. Looked like a hard hit on the QB, but nothing that could be considered malicious.

Wonder why he was flagged then...Oh that's right refs where terrible....

#22 Shonuff

Shonuff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

After that call/play, I knew it was gonna down hill from there....my first thought was, I hope Cam survives the rest of the game....thats the FKN Raiders....they're gonna try to get em.

#23 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,074 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

i guess when your offense can only put up six points all you can do is try to play dirty on defense

#24 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Hardy was only flagged because he knocked the Sh!t out of Palmer. Hardy hits Palmer with the same tech, but not as hard, it wouldn't have been flagged!

#25 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Watching the second half on DVR now. Fug the Raiders, hitting Cam below the knees...

Yet there are so called fans here calling Newton a "bitch" for defending himself? Sigh.

#26 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,538 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Broncos Woodyard had the same hit on McCoy today and no flag was thrown.

#27 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

The hit would have been legal 10 years ago according to the announcers. Wasnt that dirty, Hardy led with his helmet a bit into the back of Palmer. fuged him up

THE KRAKEN

#28 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,522 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

It's pretty natural reaction after their guy got taken out. And regardless whether or not some of you saw it as clean, I guarantee you Hardy will set a Panther record for the highest fine ever given by the league- I'm guessing between $30-50k.

Mind you, I'm not taking sides one way or the other. The way the game was called today I'm totally confused about what the rules are anymore.

And one other thing, the Kuechly penalty for the same thing on a receiver was the worst of the bunch.

#29 Shonuff

Shonuff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

It's pretty natural reaction after their guy got taken out. And regardless whether or not some of you saw it as clean, I guarantee you Hardy will set a Panther record for the highest fine ever given by the league- I'm guessing between $30-50k.

Mind you, I'm not taking sides one way or the other. The way the game was called today I'm totally confused about what the rules are anymore.

Well, it ended almost ending Cam's season. Understandably you don't wanna throw a flag on every play, instead they got it all wrong at the beginning....got hesitant with throwing flags late when the Raiders were going for the juggler. That first call got it all wrong, thus the downward spiral from there...it was a mess

#30 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,522 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Well, it ended almost ending Cam's season. Understandably you don't wanna throw a flag on every play, instead they got it all wrong at the beginning....got hesitant with throwing flags late when the Raiders were going for the juggler. That first call got it all wrong, thus the downward spiral from there...it was a mess

I understand, but also remember it likely did end Carson Palmer's season.

If you watch the replay, Hardy had his right arm and shoulder into the back of Palmer with his head going left. About the same time Charles Johnson grabs Palmer and turns him just enough that Hardy's head is then partially into CP's back. Had Johnson not gotten hold of Palmer, it would have been a completely legit hit. It was just a bad set of circumstances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com