#16 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,534 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

In hindsight though it was not a good idea for The Golden Calf of Bristol to do that, regardless he will be a Jaguar next year anyway. Khan already came out and said that if he were the owner of the Jags when The Golden Calf of Bristol came out that The Golden Calf of Bristol would have been the pick.

#17 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

What The Golden Calf of Bristol did is selfish on all accounts in a team sport. No way around it

Maaaaan RT @EricDKoch: @GAlexander21 Imagine if Cam Newton did this?

"He just inspires his team to play harder and just wins" to "you know what I'm cool on that wildcat since I'm not starting"

https://twitter.com/GAlexander21

From an out of work NFL player.

#18 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

No way around it. It was selfish. No way u can spin it. It was selfish. In a team sport where u must play a role. It was selfish. Period

https://twitter.com/...031142549045248

#19 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,900 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

I hope he kneeled down and prayed after saying he didn't want to play.
What a fraud.

#20 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,397 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Well that's because he's obviously not, Cam comes across that way to people that aren't a fan of the Panthers because they don't realize that Cam all around plays a different style of football then anyone else in the NFL.

Cam knows football is a business but he also loves to have fun and I guess that just rubs people the wrong way for some reason.

Newton has one of those personalities that makes some people love him and others hate him. Some people are just like that. You probably know more than one in your daily life.

That's not new to the Panthers, mind you. We've had Smitty for years.

Nor is it new to the league. Tom Brady comes off as a colossal prick to many. But to Patriot fans and favorable media, he's just "a fierce competitor".

Best way to overcome it? Ignore it and concentrate on winning games. The more you win, the more everybody comes to understand and accept your "quirks".

#21 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

Tim has been criticized for his play and been given the benefit of the doubt in every situation. Cam has been criticized for his character and not been given the benefit of the doubt in any situation. I think that's a fair statement. This is a bad move by The Golden Calf of Bristol.

#22 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,534 posts

Not sure if serious.

Last year The Golden Calf of Bristol was criticized just as much as Cam. I know this because I got to Liberty (where The Golden Calf of Bristol fans live) and had to hear all the homers complain that The Golden Calf of Bristol was being treated unfairly. I myself am not a The Golden Calf of Bristol fan because he's not a good quarterback but the criticism that followed him was absurd.

I mean seriously, to say that a man is only good because of God is ridiculous (ESPN's First Take).

#23 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,284 posts

I'm chuckling at it, cause the Jets are such a dumpster fire right now.

#24 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

The Golden Calf of Bristol sucks, have fun in Jacksonville you pansy

#25 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,397 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

I'm chuckling at it, cause the Jets are such a dumpster fire right now.

That's an insult to dumpster fires.

#26 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,534 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Newton has one of those personalities that makes some people love him and others hate him. Some people are just like that. You probably know more than one in your daily life.

That's not new to the Panthers, mind you. We've had Smitty for years.

Nor is it new to the league. Tom Brady comes off as a colossal prick to many. But to Patriot fans and favorable media, he's just "a fierce competitor".

Best way to overcome it? Ignore it and concentrate on winning games. The more you win, the more everybody comes to understand and accept your "quirks".

Agreed, that was pretty much my point.

#27 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

I don't think it's criticism when he actually can't throw.

#28 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

The Golden Calf of Bristol will be praised by ESPN for doing it.

We all knew this was coming.

Posted Image

#29 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,397 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Bayless. Lord almighty :rolleyes:

#30 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,675 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

To piggyback on the comments of others, there is a definite difference of the criticism of The Golden Calf of Bristol and that of Cam.

The Golden Calf of Bristol, up to now, has been criticized only for his football skills (or lack thereof). This has been offset by damn near everyone talking about what a great guy he is. How many times have we heard comments like "the guy really stuggles as a passer, but he's the kind of guy you would want your daughter to bring to dinner".

Cam gets criticism for his play as well, and frankly, I usually have no problem with that type criticism when warranted. But he also gets constantly criticized for his character. This is in spite of the fact that he has never really done anything in the NFL that is indicative of someone with poor character. Sure, he has some maturity issues to work on, but he's not out clubbing or getting DUI's, he's not getting caught with guns, he doesn't have 6 or 8 kids getting child support, he doesn't throw his teammates under the proverbial bus, and he is generous with charity donations and with his time for good causes.

The double standard is blatant. I never really thought much about this bias until watching what Cam has gone through, but it becomes clearer to me every day. If I were him, I would be extremely distrustful of the press and be very wary of giving any kind of interview.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com