286 replies to this topic

#91 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

I hope he kneeled down and prayed after saying he didn't want to play.
What a fraud.

Who did this?

He seems even less pleased that he was asked to return punts Sunday night in an effort to spark his team's performance. It looked like he hadn't practiced punt returns in a while. It also looks like he won't do it again any time soon...

"That'll be my last time back there,"
When asked whether he or his coaches had made that decision, he bristled.
"The last time I checked, I've only got one person to answer to. That's my maker," he said.

I suppose we can surmise that "my maker" is actually a reference to God and not, say, his mother. He probably wouldn't be swayed on his new no-return stance if Mom called him up and said, "You know how much I love when my baby returns those punts." Theoretically, though, if God decided to start talking to him the way he used to talk to, say, Reggie White, maybe then he would consider taking on punt return duties again.

http://www.aolnews.c...turn-punts-now/

#92 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

I'll try and reword what I said.

I don't hate Christians. I couldn't really give two fugs what people believe. It's your prerogative. What I dislike about The Golden Calf of Bristol is the way his whole thing is so scripted. His The Golden Calf of Bristol kneel, his first and foremost I'd like to thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ thing. Like I said, I don't hate the guy, but his act is tired.

He's humbling himself. Thanking Jesus is what humble Christians do. It's the same when people thank their coaches for training them, knowing they couldn't have done it all by themselves. The Golden Calf of Bristol is just thanking someone who has helped him.

#93 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,959 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

You think The Golden Calf of Bristol never gets criticized?

What sports stations are you listening to?

Never for his character. He is the ultimate team player. A leader of men.... who refuses to play and openly whines to the media about how he is getting a raw deal even though he still can't throw the ball.

#94 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,959 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

He's humbling himself. Thanking Jesus is what humble Christians do. It's the same when people thank their coaches for training them, knowing they couldn't have done it all by themselves. The Golden Calf of Bristol is just thanking someone who has helped him.

Maybe Jesus can help him throw a football straight.

#95 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,959 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Sheesh, someone has a personal vendetta.

I'll tell you what, he is coming to speak at the college I go to this next semester, you can come if you want or I will do a recap.

When you meet him ask him why, as a Christian, a religion that directs you to lift others up before yourself, he decided to bail on his teammates and refuse to play.

He uses his faith as a marketing ploy. He literally uses the Lord's name in vain. I think he fits right in with the other 75% of hypocrites that sit next to me on Sundays (myself included).

#96 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

Who did this?

He seems even less pleased that he was asked to return punts Sunday night in an effort to spark his team's performance. It looked like he hadn't practiced punt returns in a while. It also looks like he won't do it again any time soon...

"That'll be my last time back there,"
When asked whether he or his coaches had made that decision, he bristled.
"The last time I checked, I've only got one person to answer to. That's my maker," he said.

I suppose we can surmise that "my maker" is actually a reference to God and not, say, his mother. He probably wouldn't be swayed on his new no-return stance if Mom called him up and said, "You know how much I love when my baby returns those punts." Theoretically, though, if God decided to start talking to him the way he used to talk to, say, Reggie White, maybe then he would consider taking on punt return duties again.

http://www.aolnews.c...turn-punts-now/

A guy who was never held up as a great example of a "true Christian", the consummate "team player", or all around "good guy"?

#97 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,959 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

Posted Image

#98 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Wow at a lot of the comments Im reading about The Golden Calf of Bristol. His whole "act" is sad you say? Well lets say it is an act..its a better act than 99% of the thugs in the NFL. Jesus Christ got blasted on this earth and people said his act was just an "act." I commend The Golden Calf of Bristol for his faith and his willingness to express it at any chance.

#99 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

Wow at a lot of the comments Im reading about The Golden Calf of Bristol. His whole "act" is sad you say? Well lets say it is an act..its a better act than 99% of the thugs in the NFL. Jesus Christ got blasted on this earth and people said his act was just an "act." I commend The Golden Calf of Bristol for his faith and his willingness to express it at any chance.

Anybody have a facepalm gif handy?

#100 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

When you meet him ask him why, as a Christian, a religion that directs you to lift others up before yourself, he decided to bail on his teammates and refuse to play.

He uses his faith as a marketing ploy. He literally uses the Lord's name in vain. I think he fits right in with the other 75% of hypocrites that sit next to me on Sundays (myself included).

Bail on his teammates? You think they care about the one or two wildcat plays he's in? When it comes to his faith, that is who he is. I haven't seen him using Jesus' name to get money. Plain and simple, the Jets have damaged The Golden Calf of Bristol's career by not letting him play. Yesterday, I thought Pryor for the Raiders should have stepped in when Palmer went down. Yet because he was the third string QB, they let Leinhart play instead. They didn't pass over Leinhart, when they probably should have. So why did the Jets pass over The Golden Calf of Bristol when he was the back up? That is not right.

#101 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

This thread is yet anther race argument fail by the OP.

#102 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,484 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Anybody have a facepalm gif handy?

Posted Image

You rang?

Poor Timmy The Golden Calf of Bristol, I just don't know how he will survive these injustices!

#103 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,496 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

The Huddle is amazing.

Another QB says something and many here try to turn it into a slight or insult to Cam.

God people just get over it.

#104 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

Sheesh, someone has a personal vendetta.

I'll tell you what, he is coming to speak at the college I go to this next semester, you can come if you want or I will do a recap.

Ok and what do I have a personal vendetta against exactly??

#105 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

I love you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com