286 replies to this topic

#121 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,552 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

Those are completely different situations. Vick started and he lost. Flynn lost out to a rookie in preseason, and the Seahawks always said the QB position was up for grabs between Flynn and Wilson. Wilson won. The situation with The Golden Calf of Bristol is he was the back up, he understood that. Yet the Jets passed him over for the third string. That's jacked up. Especially for a guy who lead his previous team to the playoffs. (Say what you will, but the Broncos aren't in the playoffs last year if The Golden Calf of Bristol didn't become the starter)

Those aren't completely different situations, Flynn was actually TOLD he would be the starter, and he wasn't. But he kept mum on the situation and did what a good teammate does. Has it ever fuging occurred to you and the other The Golden Calf of Bristol supporters Mcelroy has looked better than The Golden Calf of Bristol in practice? Or that Rex actually prefers a guy that can ACTUALLY throw the ball? The Golden Calf of Bristol looked terrible in the preseason(that int he threw with three Panthers in the area was laughable) The Golden Calf of Bristol has not proved to Rex or their coaching staff he deserved to start.

#122 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,552 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Who knew so many well worn sports-media tropes could collide in one player? The Golden Calf of Bristol is the plucky winner who rides his leadership and intangibles to greatness. The Golden Calf of Bristol is also the overrated prima donna, the one who grumps over limited playing time and sulks and eventually quits on his team before demanding a trade. All things to all men, this guy. Which one is the real The Golden Calf of Bristol?

http://deadspin.com/5971014/tim-tebow-is-a-coddled-malcontent?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
Great article.

#123 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

Those aren't completely different situations, Flynn was actually TOLD he would be the starter, and he wasn't. But he kept mum on the situation and did what a good teammate does. Has it ever fuging occurred to you and the other The Golden Calf of Bristol supporters Mcelroy has looked better than The Golden Calf of Bristol in practice? Or that Rex actually prefers a guy that can ACTUALLY throw the ball? The Golden Calf of Bristol looked terrible in the preseason(that int he threw with three Panthers in the area was laughable) The Golden Calf of Bristol has not proved to Rex or their coaching staff he deserved to start.

You're going to have to give me an earlier report stating Flynn had the starting job from the moment he came in because don't forget, Tavaris Jackson was fighting for the starting position as well. I actually think if anyone was pegged the starter before training camp, it was Tavaris.

With all that said, The Golden Calf of Bristol was named the back up. As much as Sanchez sucked in the preseason, he still got a fair shot at playing. McElroy actually looked better than both in the preseason, scored the only touchdown in the preseason, yet Sanchez wasn't benched. The Golden Calf of Bristol wasn't given a chance to play, and we know he's the kind of player that gets better with more snaps.

McElroy wasn't head and shoulders above The Golden Calf of Bristol, so it didn't warrant the leap frog on the depth chart.

#124 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,552 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

While Cam Newton was at Florida, The Golden Calf of Bristol wasn't the most talented quarterback on campus. After winning the Heisman Trophy, according to sources, he was outperformed by Newton in both practice and the ‘08 Spring game, yet The Golden Calf of Bristol (understandably) remained the starter. Newton was promised an opportunity to start in ‘08, but he never had a real chance given Urban Meyer's affection and preference for The Golden Calf of Bristol. At Senior Bowl practices in 2010, The Golden Calf of Bristol was so bad at taking snaps that shotgun elements from the Florida offense were added for him. That's right — his college offense was incorporated at the NFL's biggest job fair, one at which The Golden Calf of Bristol needed to show he could play a more conventional style of football.

#125 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Not to sound like a Skip Bayless, but The Golden Calf of Bristol has won in the NFL. He was merited a chance to play in the game as the starting QB once Sachez was benched. He's not traditional by any means, I believe that is one of the reasons why people love him, and the reason why I want to see him succeed. I want to see him develop a completely new style of offense.

Yet besides what I want to see and everything else, the main thing is the Jets were damaging The Golden Calf of Bristol's career. They didn't even use him like they said they would. I'm surprised so many people are calling The Golden Calf of Bristol a hypocrite, when we should all by applauding his stance. People have been complaining about his good boy outlook, and now when The Golden Calf of Bristol takes a respectful stand against the Jets coaching, people cry he's a phony in his beliefs and as a person. I think The Golden Calf of Bristol critics reached on this one.

#126 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

How did I turn it into a slight or insult to Cam? I said there is a double standard when it comes to reporting things The Golden Calf of Bristol does than it is to Cam. You can ignore the facts all you want, but Cam has been drugged through the mud by the media, they're quick to pounce on him. And it's not just the huddle that believes that, current and former players too.

Go read the thread. It turned into a whole thread about Cam but getting the same respect.

Why any of you care what the media thinks about Cam is beyond me. You are acting like someone is picking on your 8 yo son or daughter.

#127 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

LOL at people thinking that The Golden Calf of Bristol is justified in all of this because he got passed up for the job because of the 3rd string....

Think. Denver. 2011. Brady Quinn. The Golden Calf of Bristol 3rd string. Reportedly worse than the 4th string QB.

And folks on here want to complain about The Golden Calf of Bristol getting passed up. Hello. It serves him right.

#128 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,354 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

When you meet him ask him why, as a Christian, a religion that directs you to lift others up before yourself, he decided to bail on his teammates and refuse to play.

He uses his faith as a marketing ploy. He literally uses the Lord's name in vain. I think he fits right in with the other 75% of hypocrites that sit next to me on Sundays (myself included).

I won't get the chance to meet him because there is a raffle you had to put your name in and I didn't have time to walk over and do it.

#129 Guest_Slenderman_*

Guest_Slenderman_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

http://sports.yahoo....16479--nfl.html

Ryan says The Golden Calf of Bristol would have done wildcat if asked

#130 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,450 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

You expect his head coach to say anything else given the circumstances?

Rex Ryan knows The Golden Calf of Bristol won't be there next year, he doesn't want his trade value being affected before that.

#131 Guest_Slenderman_*

Guest_Slenderman_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

If he refused to do his job i'm sure the team would fine/suspend him..Has that happened?

#132 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,450 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Oh don't be silly, they aren't going to fine or suspend Tim fugging The Golden Calf of Bristol.

He was frustrated with the situation and had a knee jerk reaction. Now everyone is back tracking.

#133 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Teeeee-eeee-bow ohhhh nooooooo.

#134 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,159 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

What Jet official relayed The Golden Calf of Bristol's comments?

#135 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

The Golden Calf of Bristol is a diva selfish bible thumper. fug him and his cult of fans. he should have came to jags but doesnt want to suffer with a bad team because he aint that good like newton.

say what u want to see bout newton but the dude has raised panthers even with the bad players and sorry coaches.

every other rookie has a good team/staff around them except newton, then people wonder why he aint in the playoffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com