#1 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I searched the first two pages and didn't see anything.

What was wrong with that hit, he him just after the release. The announcers explanation wasn't clear to me. Looked like Hardy just rocked him.

Here's some Kate Upton for your trouble.

Posted Image

#2 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,291 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

he "led with the helmet" apparently

any time a quarterback gets jacked up now they toss the flag first and ask questions later

#3 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

The replay looked to me like Hardy led with his helmet into the QB instead of his pads. You can see his facemask go right into Palmer's ribs. I don't necessarily disagree with that call, but the no-call on Cam was absolute bullsh*t

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

It was discussed earlier in the game thread but no big deal and it's a good topic.

Technically leading with the head and making contact (which yes Hardy did do) in a malicious act (no Hardy didn't do) is a personal foul.

To my knowledge of the game, both have to occur (unless it's against a receiver) for it to warrant a flag on the play. I don't believe Hardy hit Palmer maliciously, it just seemed like a big football hit where one man was still and the other was at full speed which made it look malicious.

I personally still don't believe it should have been flagged.

#5 Black

Black

• HUDDLER
  • 2,303 posts
  • LocationNC

he "led with the helmet" apparently

any time a quarterback gets jacked up now they toss the flag first and ask questions later

Thanks for registering to post that.

But yeah, what a horseshit call. Hardy is the man.

Posted Image

#6 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

He lowered his helmet and launched himself. But imo it was a clean hit. Violent but clean. Carson Palmer knocked himself out of the game by holding the ball too long.

#7 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

If a DE comes around the edge, takes a step and puts a helmet in the QBs back its a form sack. But because Hardy had a running start and Carson made himself a sitting duck it looked brutal and the ref flagged it.

#8 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,911 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Palmer is a lady with a bloody pussy and cries when she get's hit by a man

#9 Black

Black

• HUDDLER
  • 2,303 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

If a DE comes around the edge, takes a step and puts a helmet in the QBs back its a form sack. But because Hardy had a running start and Carson made himself a sitting duck it looked brutal and the ref flagged it.

Well if he is fined, it's bullshit, and I hope the higher paid players on the team pool together to pay his fine. Hate Hurney all you want, Hardy was maybe one of the best picks he ever made.

#10 beach

beach

|~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,666 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Farve, Delhomme, guys on all ends of the gunslinger mentality get hit like that a million times without flags. The penalty made no sense

#11 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

Oh he'll be fined, as soon as Leinert entered the game; the NFL got their check books out. Also expect a few for Newton and possibly one for Godfrey too.

I don't believe Kuechly will receive one because his hit look very clean unless the NFL saw something that I clearly didn't.

#12 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Farve, Delhomme, guys on all ends of the gunslinger mentality get hit like that a million times without flags. The penalty made no sense

Remember what NFL they played in and now look at what NFL we play in. Two entirely different leagues now.

#13 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

He speared him in the back with his helmet. I would hope Cam would be the same call, but homeboy drove him into the group and there was no flag. Also another late hit not called when Cam was shoved out of bounds after clearly releasing the ball. So apparently the refs only throw flags if your QB is a lil bitch.

#14 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

It would have been a sports center top 10 five years ago.

#15 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

The replay looked to me like Hardy led with his helmet into the QB instead of his pads. You can see his facemask go right into Palmer's ribs. I don't necessarily disagree with that call, but the no-call on Cam was absolute bullsh*t

You teach 10 yr olds to look at what you are tackling. Hardy didn't lower his lead....his eyes are buried in Palmer's ribs. If that is illegal they should just put red shirts on QBs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.