Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black

Why was the Palmer Hit a Penalty?

75 posts in this topic

Oh he'll be fined, as soon as Leinert entered the game; the NFL got their check books out. Also expect a few for Newton and possibly one for Godfrey too.

I don't believe Kuechly will receive one because his hit look very clean unless the NFL saw something that I clearly didn't.

Farve, Delhomme, guys on all ends of the gunslinger mentality get hit like that a million times without flags. The penalty made no sense

Remember what NFL they played in and now look at what NFL we play in. Two entirely different leagues now.

He speared him in the back with his helmet. I would hope Cam would be the same call, but homeboy drove him into the group and there was no flag. Also another late hit not called when Cam was shoved out of bounds after clearly releasing the ball. So apparently the refs only throw flags if your QB is a lil bitch.

3 people like this

The replay looked to me like Hardy led with his helmet into the QB instead of his pads. You can see his facemask go right into Palmer's ribs. I don't necessarily disagree with that call, but the no-call on Cam was absolute bullsh*t

You teach 10 yr olds to look at what you are tackling. Hardy didn't lower his lead....his eyes are buried in Palmer's ribs. If that is illegal they should just put red shirts on QBs.

2 people like this

He lowered his helmet and launched himself. But imo it was a clean hit. Violent but clean. Carson Palmer knocked himself out of the game by holding the ball too long.

He neither lowered his head nor launched himself, which is why it was a clean hit.

2 people like this

Soon they will just have each player play as themselves in madden for player safety. But then one player will suffer a seizure from the bright lights emitted from the gameplay, and they will ban that too. It will eventually be players playing the football equivalent of magic the gathering.

1 person likes this

The rules clearly state (and I quote):

If a defensive player hits an offensive player very hard, and said offensive player falls down and is in apparent pain, the defensive player shall be called for unnecessary roughness. If the offensive player is a quarterback, all hits that make fans of the defensive team say "yeah, baby" will be deemed excessively rough. The only exception to this rule is when the quarterback is 6'5" and 250 lbs or greater, in which case they can be hit with impunity.
5 people like this

I will say upon further review, Hardy's face mask was in Palmer's back (head was up though), however, the tackle didn't look to be malicious. Just a clean hard hit.