Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which woukd you take next year in the middle, Beason at 100% or Kuek as a soph?

55 posts in this topic

Posted

A battle of Beason vs. Anderson would equal prime Mike Tyson vs. Andy Dick.

Word.....Tru.......I prefer Phillips over Anderson anyway but that's just me. It seems as though our run D has been pretty real without the help of #50 on the lineup

Posted

I think Beason at his best was equal to Luke right now. Just watching beason early this year was painful.

Posted

This defense belongs to Keek now.

I hope Beason can come back and fit in somewhere... maybe he's better in a role player role. I'd like to think he's not done

Role player with that contract? Lord I sure hope not.

Put that man at OLB if he's healthy enough.

Posted

Beason at 100% hits harder than Luke....that's it. Luke has better instincts and nose for the ball. Luke is our MLB.

Posted

If Beason returns to form we could have 2 top 5 LBs on the same squad next year. If Davis keeps going strong.... damn.

Posted

haha keek but don't sell anderson short in a position battle with big beas. he can handle his own

Posted

Stupid question.

Posted

Beast was almost as good in run situations but better in pass situations in my opinion. I think you do what makes the team better. That being said Beason can play multiple positions. Luke was made for the Mike.

Year 2 will be an improvement for Luke which is scary.

Posted

A little shocked how quick people forget about Beason and his insane ability. I think Beaston is quicker and can transition to the OLB position a lot better than Luke so I would say Luke should stay at Mike. But I am a little unimpressed with the fan base who seem to forget the hard-hitting ability and solid coverage Beason has shown over the years averaging 140+ tackles a season. Take a couple min to youtube some beason highlights. I hope to have him back on the field soon!

2 people like this

Posted

Beason has been a very, very good linebacker in the past. The reality though is we have found something special in Kuechly. I knew the guy had good instincts and was a sound tackler, but he is so much more. Our whole defense is better with him in the middle.

Kuechly definitely has the potential to be the best 4-3 linebacker in the game. Frankly, he's already very close to that in his rookie year.

1 person likes this

Posted

Kuechly is the Highlander...there can be only one.

He just opened his bag of tricks on 12/23/12. We will witness history with this kid.

Posted

I'm gonna laugh when Luke goes out and gets 24 tackle's next week and breaks Willis's rookie record.