Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hotsauce

Which woukd you take next year in the middle, Beason at 100% or Kuek as a soph?

54 posts in this topic

I don't really think Beason is going to comeback 100 percent going into training camp next year. He might be there mid season, but I think you would have to go with Keek. Beast is getting ready to have his second surgery this year, it may very well be that his best is behind him unfortunately. Conversely one of Kuechly's great characteristics is playing under control, playing effectively while preserving his body in the process. Now if Beast can prove us wrong like TD did we would without a doubt have the best set of LBs in the league.

Beason was a better athlete before he was injured, but Kuechly seems to have slightly better instincts. The decision is easy to me because I think Beason's production doesn't drop off as much moving to the outside as Kuechly's seemed to. Putting our best 3 LBs on the field and in the positions where the sum of the whole unit is optimal says Beason - Kuechly - Davis.

I kinda hate admitting it now, because before the season I looked at this opinion as blasphemy, but Kuechly is further along than I thought he'd be.

It is ridiculous how quickly you all forget. Beason at one point was considered the BEST MLB in the game with himself and P. Willis coming neck and neck for the most time. Kuechly comes in and has a phenomenal year and it's like people remember Beason as a simple scrub who was just "pretty good" for us.

You all do realize that the OP was asking about having Beason back at his peak basically correct? SMH Jeez, now I see why they call this fanbase so fickle.

*I have no problem with people saying they'd prefer Luke because I absolutely love the guy....but to act as if a 100% Beason isn't even in the conversation? WTF

2 people like this

Love both these guys, but no chance Luke gives up the middle after this year.

Had he started in the middle from day one, we would be talking about him as arguably the greatest rookie middle linebacker ever (he's nearly there now)

If Beason returns to form we could have 2 top 5 LBs on the same squad next year. If Davis keeps going strong.... damn.

..thats what i'm thinking....It all hinges on overcoming the achillies injury, its a two year rehab for athletes and then hope for the best....but yea, throw Davis and Andersen in and the LB corps looks stout.

I would have started freshman Kuechly over a 100% Beason.

is this even a serious question? Kuechly already has that spot locked down. I love beason but Kuechly is a special elite type of player that you just don't ever see. Beason will be happy to play outside and will do a good job at it. Our line backers will be nasty next year.

1 person likes this

I would love to keep Beason and Hardy, Imagine Beason/Keek/ TD with Anderson filling in and Johnson and Hardy on the Ends? would would have the best front 7 in the NFL again

I love a good defense for the record

is this even a serious question? Kuechly already has that spot locked down. I love beason but Kuechly is a special elite type of player that you just don't ever see. Beason will be happy to play outside and will do a good job at it. Our line backers will be nasty next year.

Not exactly Keeks had a probowl season but I don't know about all pro, beason before this season I would have said was our best defensive player on the team, if TD has taught us anything it's not to just write off a player because he's injured.

Beason our best true leader on the entire team.

Not exactly Keeks had a probowl season but I don't know about all pro, beason before this season I would have said was our best defensive player on the team, if TD has taught us anything it's not to just write off a player because he's injured.

Beason our best true leader on the entire team.

Can't treat everyone like Thomas Davis.....would be a disaster for the team if that became a common practice especially with well paid players

Beason at 100% is going to have to be a OLB.

Kuchley is that good. Beason is great at 100%..but lets face it.

1 person likes this