Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which woukd you take next year in the middle, Beason at 100% or Kuek as a soph?

55 posts in this topic

Posted

Beason at 100% is going to have to be a OLB.

Kuchley is that good. Beason is great at 100%..but lets face it.

1 person likes this

Posted

To me it's a no brainer that Luke Kuechly plays the middle next year. Like most others i am left wondering if Beason or Anderson are either cut,traded or salary structered.

Posted

Keek has taken the job. Beason is gonna have to move outside. You go with what gives you the best chance to win. I wish we made a run at some trades with players like Beason, one of the running backs etc...and get a stud DT

Posted

We would be foolish to at least not try to trade Beason this offseason,im afraid he may be injury prone for the rest of his career.If we bring him back he needs to reconstruct his contract because he is overpaid for his production.

1 person likes this

Posted

I enjoy watching Beason play but Kuechly deserves to be in the middle and hes settled in their.

Posted

PFF have keek ranked as the fourth best ilb throughout the NFL, as good as Beason is leading this team, he has never graded out as well as Luke has.

Posted

Our LB's are going to be awesome

Posted

We need to move on from our old LBs. Simple and plain.

Not all at once but we need to start. Can't rely on multiple guys with injury issues at the same position....

Posted

It would be stupid to not let Luke keep his job after this. He has excelled and as a competitor Beason will know this. You don't start your rookie see him master the game then take him out or move him for Beason who was not 100% after he was injured the first time. I think Beason will still be a beast but I don't think he'll ever be back to the way he was. Luke still surpasses him, it would be stupid to take hime out jsut like it was stupid to start Beason over Luke in the beginning of the year.

Posted

Beason at OLB is a dream

Posted

We need to move on from our old LBs. Simple and plain.

Not all at once but we need to start. Can't rely on multiple guys with injury issues at the same position....

I understand what you are saying but that is usually handled by allowing players hit free agency. What we have done is extend Beason to a big contract, seen Thomas Davis somehow match his best and have Anderson have a decent sized contract. Releasing or trading Beason hurts the team financially and we don't have a ready made replacement. Moving on from TD after this season would be nuts. So the only way to cut back on our old lbs is to release Anderson, the healthiest of our trio.

Regardless you don't just move on from players without a replacement lined up. Currently we have journeymen behind our first 3-4 with very limited potential. Until we have some promising youngsters drafted that fit out lb responsibilities then I think we would be mad to make changes to our lb corps.

Posted

Luke..He had his best game yesterday