Photo
- - - - -

Which woukd you take next year in the middle, Beason at 100% or Kuek as a soph?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,227 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

Beason at 100% hits harder than Luke....that's it. Luke has better instincts and nose for the ball. Luke is our MLB.

#17 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

If Beason returns to form we could have 2 top 5 LBs on the same squad next year. If Davis keeps going strong.... damn.

#18 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

haha keek but don't sell anderson short in a position battle with big beas. he can handle his own

#19 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

Stupid question.

#20 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

Beast was almost as good in run situations but better in pass situations in my opinion. I think you do what makes the team better. That being said Beason can play multiple positions. Luke was made for the Mike.

Year 2 will be an improvement for Luke which is scary.

#21 Bunskie

Bunskie

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

A little shocked how quick people forget about Beason and his insane ability. I think Beaston is quicker and can transition to the OLB position a lot better than Luke so I would say Luke should stay at Mike. But I am a little unimpressed with the fan base who seem to forget the hard-hitting ability and solid coverage Beason has shown over the years averaging 140+ tackles a season. Take a couple min to youtube some beason highlights. I hope to have him back on the field soon!

#22 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,407 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

Beason has been a very, very good linebacker in the past. The reality though is we have found something special in Kuechly. I knew the guy had good instincts and was a sound tackler, but he is so much more. Our whole defense is better with him in the middle.

Kuechly definitely has the potential to be the best 4-3 linebacker in the game. Frankly, he's already very close to that in his rookie year.

#23 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,144 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

Kuechly is the Highlander...there can be only one.

He just opened his bag of tricks on 12/23/12. We will witness history with this kid.

#24 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,526 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

I'm gonna laugh when Luke goes out and gets 24 tackle's next week and breaks Willis's rookie record.

#25 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,686 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

We've been incredibly spoiled with MLB talent as panther fans. Just severely unlucky with injuries.

Luke>Beason>Morgan. That's insane.

#26 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

I don't really think Beason is going to comeback 100 percent going into training camp next year. He might be there mid season, but I think you would have to go with Keek. Beast is getting ready to have his second surgery this year, it may very well be that his best is behind him unfortunately. Conversely one of Kuechly's great characteristics is playing under control, playing effectively while preserving his body in the process. Now if Beast can prove us wrong like TD did we would without a doubt have the best set of LBs in the league.

#27 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

Beason was a better athlete before he was injured, but Kuechly seems to have slightly better instincts. The decision is easy to me because I think Beason's production doesn't drop off as much moving to the outside as Kuechly's seemed to. Putting our best 3 LBs on the field and in the positions where the sum of the whole unit is optimal says Beason - Kuechly - Davis.

I kinda hate admitting it now, because before the season I looked at this opinion as blasphemy, but Kuechly is further along than I thought he'd be.

#28 pantherfan82

pantherfan82

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationNORTH CAROLINA

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

It's gotta be Luke. Not even a question.

#29 PantherBoy95

PantherBoy95

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

It is ridiculous how quickly you all forget. Beason at one point was considered the BEST MLB in the game with himself and P. Willis coming neck and neck for the most time. Kuechly comes in and has a phenomenal year and it's like people remember Beason as a simple scrub who was just "pretty good" for us.
You all do realize that the OP was asking about having Beason back at his peak basically correct? SMH Jeez, now I see why they call this fanbase so fickle.

*I have no problem with people saying they'd prefer Luke because I absolutely love the guy....but to act as if a 100% Beason isn't even in the conversation? WTF

#30 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

Love both these guys, but no chance Luke gives up the middle after this year.

Had he started in the middle from day one, we would be talking about him as arguably the greatest rookie middle linebacker ever (he's nearly there now)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.