Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam won't get suspended for a game, will he?

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Shoving a ref is supposed to be suspension. What a disaster that would be, I have a feeling RR fate is determined next week. A win and he'll probably be back and a loss he's done. But there's no way you could expect then to win without Cam, would be a disaster for JR/Ross in that decision making.

Posted · Report post

He didn't shove him though

Posted · Report post

he accidentally bumped him, and the penalty wasn't for the bump. he WON'T get suspended (for that).

I doubt he gets suspended for the kick, either.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='beastson' timestamp='1356327808' post='2060592']
He didn't shove him though
[/quote]well, made contact with him

Posted · Report post

Short answer: No, for long answer; see below...

No, the NFL is a business first, then it's a sport; it's the last week of the NFL season... so the last thing they want is to not have a star player in a game since a lot of games won't have starters anyway due to locking up a postseason birth. Secondly, the NFL wants ratings and they know that if they suspend Newton that a lot of the Panthers fan base and even NFL fan base won't tune in.

Also contact with the official does not warrant an immediate ejection, it's actually at the discretion of the referee. Boger even said that the flag was not for contact (which he didn't believe was threatening) but it was actually for disrespect.

Posted · Report post

Im looking at the gif look like barely touched him, maybe brushed him

Definitely scared him though lol. Cam a pretty big dude

Posted · Report post

The ref clarified later that the penalty was for what Newton said to him and that the contact was accidental...

Didn't like the kick on Kelly by Cam though. Who cares if they celebrate a sack? big deal. He can't let stuff like that get to his head....We're better than that. I hope someone on the team talks to him about that. I'll be surprised if he is not fined 4 that one too...deservedly

Smitty punking a DT was pure awesomness though....worth the fine...lol

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CardiacCats' timestamp='1356327939' post='2060596']
well, made contact with him
[/quote]

[img]http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2012/12/23/20/17/mjFZn.St.138.jpeg[/img]I guess Steve is getting suspended too....jesus, stop it with the fuging threads.

Posted · Report post

no suspension. he'll get a hefty fine though. whatever UA will pay it off. Cam really didn't do anything wrong, im glad he's showing emotion
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Ya'll are taking this thing way too seriously. No suspension, and I'd be surprised to see more than a token fine.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='LA_Panther' timestamp='1356328768' post='2060617']
The ref clarified later that the penalty was for what Newton said to him and that the contact was accidental...

Didn't like the kick on Kelly by Cam though. Who cares if they celebrate a sack? big deal. He can't let stuff like that get to his head....We're better than that. I hope someone on the team talks to him about that. I'll be surprised if he is not fined 4 that one too...deservedly

Smitty punking a DT was pure awesomness though....worth the fine...lol
[/quote]

He didn't kick him for the celebration.

Did you not see Kelly wrap both his hands around Cam leg and try to jam it into the ground?

That's what Cam was reacting to.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

If he did, I hope we just start Jimmy Clausen to see if he's gotten any better.