Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

charlottenian

Is Greg Hardy going to get Charles Johnson money?

45 posts in this topic

Of course he will. Every team has projections and plans regarding the management of their cap going out a number of years.

Certain positions cost a lot of money if you have guys performing well. QB, LT, DE are consistently at the top. There is nothing wrong with paying guys at those positions market prices. The problem comes in when you are paying non-premium positions top dollar and you starve yourself for cap space elsewhere. The obvious examples in our case are the RB's and LB's, and yes, even our center.

To take it a step further you stagger your big contracts so some are in large pay years while others are in lower pay years. E.I. Jerry didn't pay anyone for several years and wasted cap space for years then sucked it all up in a span of about 36 hours.

If our next GM has a clue he would be trying to lock Hardy up long term this offseason and not wait till next.

Also players that need to be restructured

Gamble

Gross

Maybe Beason

anything to get rid of contract

Dwill

I have stated since the moment that the contract was given to him that Dwill was way overpaid for, I thought Beason at the time got what he deserved, Johnson was over paid for but we had to do that because he would have left and we could not afford to have that happen again and Dwill god only knows why we gave him that contract.

Remember also that the Panthers need to clear up Cap space for 2 years from now when we will be first starting to look to extend Cam's Contract, if Cam keeps this up he will be looking for a $100m+ Contract and we will need to front load contracts like Hardy now to save room for Cam.

I thought you were asking if he was going to get CJ money for christmas. I was like CJ has plenty of money

I thought you were asking if he was going to get CJ money for christmas. I was like CJ has plenty of money

lame duck

many thought Hardy was 1st round talent at Mississippi, so what he's doing now shouldn't be a surprise. Panthers have some good core players on defense, but Hardy has stepped into the role of captain without an armband and will probably continue that role.

like others have said, restructure some contracts and go ahead and lock him up this year.

It depends on the development of Frank Alexander

Paying Hardy big money scares me a little. I don't think he would go all Haynesworth on us, but try to keep the guaranteed money to a minimum.

CJ shouldn't of got CJ money....back on topic, we should sign him know while his price is relatively cheap. Sign em' young, release em' before they get to old, policy to live by.

CJ shouldn't of got CJ money....back on topic, we should sign him know while his price is relatively cheap. Sign em' young, release em' before they get to old, policy to live by.

Are people still on this? Johnson absolutely should have gotten the money he got unless you wanted him to leave and go to Atlanta, leaving us with nothing on the line last year and really this year because we'd just have Dwan, Hardy, and Alexander and I'd rather have Johnson than both Dwan and Alexander. Johnson is criminally underrated.

Are people still on this? Johnson absolutely should have gotten the money he got unless you wanted him to leave and go to Atlanta, leaving us with nothing on the line last year and really this year because we'd just have Dwan, Hardy, and Alexander and I'd rather have Johnson than both Dwan and Alexander. Johnson is criminally underrated.

I never said we shouldn't of paid him or even overpaid him, but we didn't need to give him 30 million more than the next guy. I love CJ and I'm not making a issue out of it and think he deserves it but at the time it was based on one year of production.