Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Greg Hardy going to get Charles Johnson money?

46 posts in this topic

Posted

These topics of contracts, and whether or not the player deserves it always shows how little people know of basic economics, and the NFL .

Posted

These topics of contracts, and whether or not the player deserves it always shows how little people know of basic economics, and the NFL .

Then by all means, please share your extensive knowledge with us.

Or perhaps we aren't worthy...

Posted

To be honest, CJ doesn't even deserve CJ money. Hell I don't know if anyone deserves that type of money, but it will be hard for the Panthers Hardy no, when they told CJ yes (unless they really can't afford Hardy).

Posted

Then by all means, please share your extensive knowledge with us.

Or perhaps we aren't worthy...

probably something along the lines of, if someone is willing to pay it, then it is deserved.

could be wrong.

as to CJ money, by the time Hardy gets paid, CJ money may not be quite as huge as it is now...

Posted

IDK why so many are still up in arms about CJs contract. I think he's more than lived up to it. Sure he's never going to put up absurd sacks numbers like jared allen, but he's super consistent, has a great work ethic, doesnt disappear in big games (looking at u peppers) and he's as good against the run as the pass.

Posted

wait he should get paid more for doing his job? ovious answe is make him fulfill his rookie contract and then pay him what hes worth to resign. paying him more prematurly would be a hurney think to do.

Posted

I have a tendency to think based off his latest interview that Hardy is gonna test the waters. He came right out and said he wants to get paid in a recent article. I would like to keep him seeing how we've helped develop him, and ideally you don't draft players....develop them then want to watch them play at their prime for another team. He's most definitely earned a pay raised, but this is one of the reasons Hurney was let go.....we can't really afford to give him one.

Posted

It most likely wont be in carolina, but hardy will get paid if he plays the same next season.

Posted

I'm guessing all of you would rather have CJ playing for the Falcons right now because that's exactly what would have happened if he wouldn't have got paid. Just because he isn't loud and flashy doesn't mean that he isn't an amazing player and worth every penny.

Posted

I'm guessing all of you would rather have CJ playing for the Falcons right now because that's exactly what would have happened if he wouldn't have got paid. Just because he isn't loud and flashy doesn't mean that he isn't an amazing player and worth every penny.

People on here are really dense sometimes. CJ would have been killing us this year for ATL, and our Dline would have been awful, because CJ is playing lights out and Hardy is benefiting greatly from that. Does anyone really think Hardy would be having this type of season with out CJ on the other side?

As for Hardy I hope we pay him, maybe not as much as CJ but I'll leave that up to the GM. We need him though, great teams are built off the lines first and getting to the passer is so much more important in todays NFL.