Photo
- - - - -

Is Greg Hardy going to get Charles Johnson money?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#11 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

I wonder if he will want a new contract for next year? Maybe hold out this off season. Yet if goes in next year with the same contract, I'm confident we should be able to pay him just due in 2014.

If necessary, we could franchise tag him in 2014. This year's cost for DE's was $10.6 million. Who knows what it will be in 2014. Nonetheless, we probably have enough time to get our cap in order before we have to do something about Greg.

#12 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• LocationSouthern California
HUDDLER

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

Just like most players Hurney drafted he will be gone because we spent the money on LBs and RBs.

Uuuhhhh Julius peppers (who didn't wanna be here) is the only dude that I can think of that left us...

Must have been a bad joke.

#13 jtm

jtm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

No way. One good year out of 3 or 4 does not get you CJ money. Frankly, paying CJ all that money was a mistake and one we shouldn't repeat with Hardy. Don't get me wrong, he is playing well and should get a good contract when its time, but he hasn't earned elite money yet (neither has CJ). Plus, he is a loose cannon and has a history of making poor decisions. Hopefully he has grown up and turned the corner--I am happy for him.

#14 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

If necessary, we could franchise tag him in 2014. This year's cost for DE's was $10.6 million. Who knows what it will be in 2014. Nonetheless, we probably have enough time to get our cap in order before we have to do something about Greg.

We also going to have to pay Cam in 2014 as well. I hope our next GM will take all of that into consideration this up coming off season.

#15 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

in order to keep him carolina, he should.

#16 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

HUDDLER

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

in order to keep him carolina, he should.

This is why were in the mess we are in today. Its, like hurney trolled this board looking for our favorite players and decided to pay them ass loads of money! Next year if frank alexander steps up then krakken is expendable and you draft a new guy. YOU DONT WIN BY PAYING 6-8 GUYS A TON OF MONEY!!!!! Pay Cam and draft well and develop around the talent you have. That way when its time to re-up, the team has the leverage not them. Make a reasonable offer and give them the choice. If they bounce we already have someone younger and cheaper.

#17 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Johnson's contract year was a statistically ridiculous year. Hardy hasn't touched that level quite yet. But it is enjoyable to think how even better Hardy will be with the extra motivation of a big contract at stake.

#18 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

HUDDLER

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

should be paid even more

#19 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

if we bring in a GM from the giants, defensive line will be the biggest priority on the team. being able to come into a situation with two elite defensive ends will be a dream scenario. hardy stays.

#20 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

The 10 sack mark is no longer the elite player barrier. Not in today's league. He's still young, and I'll give him some benefit of the doubt because anytime Dwan Edwards goes down we lose any and all interior push, but he'll have neither of those excuses next year (assuming the new GM is an Accorsi hire, not a Richardson one) and it'll be up to him to take another step and make a push for a big contract.

You don't deserve this kind of big money talk after only 15 games. Needs to show he can do it consistently. If not, then you're just MadHatter and want to pay everybody huge dollars for past performance and being stand up young lads.

We pay you for what you're going to do, not what you've done. If Hardy doesn't give any inclination next year that this season was just the start of something awesome, then you don't throw oodles of cash at him for 2012.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users