Photo
- - - - -

Is Greg Hardy going to get Charles Johnson money?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

It depends on the development of Frank Alexander

#32 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,888 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Paying Hardy big money scares me a little. I don't think he would go all Haynesworth on us, but try to keep the guaranteed money to a minimum.

#33 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 3,011 posts
  • Location910

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

CJ shouldn't of got CJ money....back on topic, we should sign him know while his price is relatively cheap. Sign em' young, release em' before they get to old, policy to live by.

#34 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

CJ shouldn't of got CJ money....back on topic, we should sign him know while his price is relatively cheap. Sign em' young, release em' before they get to old, policy to live by.

Are people still on this? Johnson absolutely should have gotten the money he got unless you wanted him to leave and go to Atlanta, leaving us with nothing on the line last year and really this year because we'd just have Dwan, Hardy, and Alexander and I'd rather have Johnson than both Dwan and Alexander. Johnson is criminally underrated.

#35 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,564 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

Charles Johnson had 7 forced fumbles this year. Those are better than sacks.

#36 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 3,011 posts
  • Location910

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Are people still on this? Johnson absolutely should have gotten the money he got unless you wanted him to leave and go to Atlanta, leaving us with nothing on the line last year and really this year because we'd just have Dwan, Hardy, and Alexander and I'd rather have Johnson than both Dwan and Alexander. Johnson is criminally underrated.

I never said we shouldn't of paid him or even overpaid him, but we didn't need to give him 30 million more than the next guy. I love CJ and I'm not making a issue out of it and think he deserves it but at the time it was based on one year of production.

#37 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,501 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

These topics of contracts, and whether or not the player deserves it always shows how little people know of basic economics, and the NFL .

#38 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,407 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

These topics of contracts, and whether or not the player deserves it always shows how little people know of basic economics, and the NFL .

Then by all means, please share your extensive knowledge with us.

Or perhaps we aren't worthy...

#39 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,527 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

To be honest, CJ doesn't even deserve CJ money. Hell I don't know if anyone deserves that type of money, but it will be hard for the Panthers Hardy no, when they told CJ yes (unless they really can't afford Hardy).

#40 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,481 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Then by all means, please share your extensive knowledge with us.

Or perhaps we aren't worthy...

probably something along the lines of, if someone is willing to pay it, then it is deserved.

could be wrong.

as to CJ money, by the time Hardy gets paid, CJ money may not be quite as huge as it is now...

#41 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

IDK why so many are still up in arms about CJs contract. I think he's more than lived up to it. Sure he's never going to put up absurd sacks numbers like jared allen, but he's super consistent, has a great work ethic, doesnt disappear in big games (looking at u peppers) and he's as good against the run as the pass.

#42 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

wait he should get paid more for doing his job? ovious answe is make him fulfill his rookie contract and then pay him what hes worth to resign. paying him more prematurly would be a hurney think to do.

#43 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

I have a tendency to think based off his latest interview that Hardy is gonna test the waters. He came right out and said he wants to get paid in a recent article. I would like to keep him seeing how we've helped develop him, and ideally you don't draft players....develop them then want to watch them play at their prime for another team. He's most definitely earned a pay raised, but this is one of the reasons Hurney was let go.....we can't really afford to give him one.

#44 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,361 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

It most likely wont be in carolina, but hardy will get paid if he plays the same next season.

#45 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

I'm guessing all of you would rather have CJ playing for the Falcons right now because that's exactly what would have happened if he wouldn't have got paid. Just because he isn't loud and flashy doesn't mean that he isn't an amazing player and worth every penny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.