Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two great prospects to watch in today's Hawaii Bowl

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm really excited for this game because two of my favorite defensive players will be playing, both on different teams.

Phillip Thomas, FS - Fresno state

I posted a thread for Thomas a couple days ago. He's my favorite safety prospect right now, and though he's graded as a 3rd-4th rounder, I could see him making a serious push for the 2nd round. He just had everything you want out of your free safety, definitely worth the watch to see this kid play live.

Margus Hunt, DE - SMU

CBSsports deemed Hunt "the #1 freak athlete in college football". He is 6 foot 8, 280 pounds. Just a complete force on the D-line. Multi-sport athlete from Estonia. Holds the record for most blocked kicks with 17 all time. Also has 15 sacks and 25 TFL in his career. 4.7 forty yard dash speed.

Anyone else gonna be watching?

Posted

i am, will be looking forward to these 2 prospects.

Posted

David-I mean Derek Carr getting blown up. Margus Hunt blowing past lineman like no tomorrow.

Posted

David-I mean Derek Carr getting blown up. Margus Hunt blowing past lineman like no tomorrow.

He is truly incredible. I would take him with our 4th rounder no doubt

Posted

if he runs a 4.6 at 6'8 280 he will shoot up the board.dude has been unblockable this game.

Posted

The guy was a terror.

Posted

Just saw an article on Yahoo Sports about Hunt. Dude looks like a freak of nature. Pair him with CJ, Hardy and Frank the tank and we're talking one hell of a DE rotation

Posted

I want Hunt lol

Posted

Hunt will not pass the 3rd round. His draft stock is going up, then in the combine when he shows how much of an athlete he is, he'll be a 2nd round pick.

Posted

Liked Hunt last year. Hoped he'd be there in the later rounds. Be nice to have someone with a knack for blocking FGs. Still hope hes there in the fourth!

Posted

I see Hunt going in the 2nd if he is athletic and quick as people say.

He is a terror on the line imo

Posted

6-8, 280 and no fat

35 reps of 225

82 inch wingspan

36" vertical

4.7 40 yard dash

Just learning the game

After the combine, he will be a first rounder.