Photo
- - - - -

How does this rookie QB class compare to 1983's class?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,244 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

You have 3 outstanding qb's with Luck, RG3 and Wilson.
2 have won 10 games their rookie year thats only happened 8 times.
NFL record for passing yds for a rookie broken by Luck. Wilson needs I think 2 td's to tie Manning.

Colts are the only team since the merger to go from top pick to the playoffs. Again that's off the top of my head.

I mean this is a very impressive group right here.

#2 Hawkfanadam

Hawkfanadam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Washington

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

He needs one to tie, two to break the record, I think it's right up there with 83

#3 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,541 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Don't forget Kirk Cousins either! Stepped right in when RGIII has been injured. Tannyhill hasn't played bad at times, and well Cleveland's Weeden is still better than anyone in Kansas City. (OK bearly! I saw that Colt McCoy was in there yesterday for Cleveland.)

I'm worried about Luck's interceptions at tmes. However, I can't help to think about Terry Bradshaw. 4 Super Bowl Rings and his TD's=Int's for his career! And the Colts still have a VERY young team on both sides of the ball. They still have a lot of needs come draft time.

I think in 5 years we will still be talking about how good this QB class was!

#4 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

You have 3 outstanding qb's with Luck, RG3 and Wilson.
2 have won 10 games their rookie year thats only happened 8 times.
NFL record for passing yds for a rookie broken by Luck. Wilson needs I think 2 td's to tie Manning.

Colts are the only team since the merger to go from top pick to the playoffs. Again that's off the top of my head.

I mean this is a very impressive group right here.

That's because the team wanted Luck and wasn't willing to invest time in helping their back-up QB succeed when it was decided they didn't wanted Peyton anymore.

The Colts success has very little to do with Luck. Put any QB with decent talent and a coach willing to help him succeed and you would have gotten the same result. It's a shame some of you Panthers fans actually believe a team rises and falls on the playing of a QB? It's no wonder the media is have so much fun blaming every lose on your QB.

#5 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

That's because the team wanted Luck and wasn't willing to invest time in helping their back-up QB succeed when it was decided they didn't wanted Peyton anymore.

The Colts success has very little to do with Luck. Put any QB with decent talent and a coach willing to help him succeed and you would have gotten the same result. It's a shame some of you Panthers fans actually believe a team rises and falls on the playing of a QB? It's no wonder the media is have so much fun blaming every lose on your QB.

Pretty foolish statement.

#6 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

It's hard to say. The NFL is so soft now, it's easy (well, "less difficult" at least) for guys to come in and dominate early.

#7 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,632 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Still think the 83 class is better, especially with the rule changes these days.

Granted, I;m an old codger.

#8 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 5,392 posts
  • LocationAlmost where I want to be...

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

"It's no wonder the media is have so much fun blaming every lose on your QB."

You're so right! When are people going to realize the backup left guard has more to do with losing than the QB?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.