Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Facebook Politics

595 posts in this topic

Posted

i bet there's some winners on there

Posted

rsd_logo_lg.png

if only Romney had gone there, never know how the election would have turned out...

1 person likes this

Posted

nice picture of white people in front of the american flag they've got on their main page

Posted

*cough*

Source: Gun Control Kills

602686_435671406502490_388404467_n.jpg

yep seems legit...also

576250_435385566531074_393085904_n.jpg

I don't know what led up to that shït. Are we seriously this fücking juvenile?

Posted

quick, someone draw conclusions about liberals and dems from the two couples on each site... and... go!

Posted

I was literally about to make a thread about how I was going to delete my Facebook because I was SOO sick of reading about armchair politics.

Posted

I was literally about to make a thread about how I was going to delete my Facebook because I was SOO sick of reading about armchair politics.

combat it by staying in the fray and researching/posting thoughtful topics of conversation and encouraging unbiased pursuit of truth rather than pasted talking points. maybe you'll spark something in someone and begin their journey of looking beyond lazy political paradigms.

Posted

.. or you could just laugh at them(and mayb share with the huddle) or block them.

Do not get sucked into facebook debates. That is terrible advice.

Posted

.. or you could just laugh at them(and mayb share with the huddle) or block them.

Do not get sucked into facebook debates. That is terrible advice.

depends on the nature of the debate. i have fringe wackos that post glen beck links and bemoan how the eagle is crying on the flag because of obama and i realize i can't get into debates with them because they're completely shut off forever to any notion that they're wrong. all you can do is quickly post a fact or a reference or an article that shows they're completely wrong and leave it at that.

or troll the absolute balls off of them, which i've done before, which is pretty satisfying but doesn't get anyone very far, which is why i do my best to avoid it

Posted

yeah, I wouldn't get into it with someone unless it's one of my best friends or something.

too paranoid about A) my job/ future jobs B) getting the reputation that I'm an annoying facebook user.

since it's become so rampant anyway it probably doesn't even matter much these days. I'd still rather be safe than sorry though and dump all my shïtposts via the huddle.

Posted

I only debate one person on Facebook - a hardcore Obamabot, but he does something huddlers can't do - respond without oversimplication mockery. Atleast he comprehends the talking points on either side are absolute BS (war on women or guns, etc)

We debate more about outcomes and unintended consequences than the politicians themselves.

Posted

What a winner