Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Facebook Politics

595 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I quit facebook not for the political nonsense but for the people posting what they were about to eat for dinner.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

one other reason, well two other reasons i bolted fb was the fact 1) that i had friends of friends that started instant messaging me when i did NOT post for a couple of days. it was this odd ideal/topic form of stalking. ok, so you like what i have to say about various things and you find my takes interesting and funny. can i not have a life though?

and 2) womenz. it just got to the point some thought we were at a bar and could hook up whenver. umm. im married yo. leave me alone.

so out of sight, out of mind. my productivity went up 83%. lol

Posted · Report post

piers morgan was complaining about gun control advocates.

the petition thing the white house has is cute, nice idea, but come on. who the hell wants to listen to the average american? ugh.

I wonder if Obama ever considered the fact it would become a forum for deporting people, advocating secession, or his own impeachment? lol.

Posted · Report post

During the runup to the election, I got spammed with a ton of obama crap from a handful of people. I didn't pay much attention to it. Now most of it seems to have gone away.

I have family and friends across the world, and facebook is a cheap and easy way to keep in touch with them. Thats about all I use it for.

Posted · Report post

Has anyone's opinion ever changed by posting on/reading this forum?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I have admitted I was wrong a time or two, and have caused a few others to admit they were wrong about certain things. Mostly about predictions for future events.

But as far as opinions about the various political, religious, or conspiracy theory related beliefs, I doubt it.

Posted · Report post

JUST from this forum? no, but i frequent this section a lot to get varying viewpoints on a given issue. there's a pretty broad variety of backgrounds and ideologies that provide unique slants on things. i tend to judge the arguments for their logical soundness and i'd be a fool if i didn't admit they have had some affect on my opinions. that's what abandoning concrete socialized ideology does for you.

Posted · Report post

I suspect it happens more often than people will admit, weak arguments on this board are shot down quickly. Though I think the people who post most often tend to be the more stubborn ones

Posted · Report post

430897_10151148942711316_1747300922_n.jpg

Guntoting Gandhi and Supply-side Jesus= BFFs

Posted · Report post

piers morgan was complaining about gun control advocates.

the petition thing the white house has is cute, nice idea, but come on. who the hell wants to listen to the average american? ugh.

I wonder if Obama ever considered the fact it would become a forum for deporting people, advocating secession, or his own impeachment? lol.

don't forget building a death star.

Posted · Report post

i think it familiarizes people with other viewpoints... over time... slowly... or at least it did in the bad old days...

it helps people better understand others' opinions, even if they don't agree with them outright.

Posted · Report post

my main problem with the webz debates is our patience is lowered and our e confidence/arrogance rises.

when you can actually sit down and talk/debate with someone over a beer or three and see the body language and facial expressions, then you make some headway.

not saying people can't change their mind on things on fb or the huddle but it's hard with the keyboard vacum going on.

1 person likes this