• 7,917 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

*cough*

Source: Gun Control Kills
Posted Image

yep seems legit...also
Posted Image

I don't know what led up to that shït. Are we seriously this fücking juvenile?

#17 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,528 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

*cough*

quick, someone draw conclusions about liberals and dems from the two couples on each site... and... go!

#18 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

I was literally about to make a thread about how I was going to delete my Facebook because I was SOO sick of reading about armchair politics.

#19 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,516 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

I was literally about to make a thread about how I was going to delete my Facebook because I was SOO sick of reading about armchair politics.

combat it by staying in the fray and researching/posting thoughtful topics of conversation and encouraging unbiased pursuit of truth rather than pasted talking points. maybe you'll spark something in someone and begin their journey of looking beyond lazy political paradigms.

#20 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,917 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

.. or you could just laugh at them(and mayb share with the huddle) or block them.

Do not get sucked into facebook debates. That is terrible advice.

#21 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,516 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

.. or you could just laugh at them(and mayb share with the huddle) or block them.

Do not get sucked into facebook debates. That is terrible advice.

depends on the nature of the debate. i have fringe wackos that post glen beck links and bemoan how the eagle is crying on the flag because of obama and i realize i can't get into debates with them because they're completely shut off forever to any notion that they're wrong. all you can do is quickly post a fact or a reference or an article that shows they're completely wrong and leave it at that.

or troll the absolute balls off of them, which i've done before, which is pretty satisfying but doesn't get anyone very far, which is why i do my best to avoid it

#22 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,917 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

yeah, I wouldn't get into it with someone unless it's one of my best friends or something.

too paranoid about A) my job/ future jobs B) getting the reputation that I'm an annoying facebook user.

since it's become so rampant anyway it probably doesn't even matter much these days. I'd still rather be safe than sorry though and dump all my shïtposts via the huddle.

#23 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,797 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

I only debate one person on Facebook - a hardcore Obamabot, but he does something huddlers can't do - respond without oversimplication mockery. Atleast he comprehends the talking points on either side are absolute BS (war on women or guns, etc)

We debate more about outcomes and unintended consequences than the politicians themselves.

#24 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

What a winner

#25 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,148 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

I quit facebook not for the political nonsense but for the people posting what they were about to eat for dinner.

#26 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,970 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

one other reason, well two other reasons i bolted fb was the fact 1) that i had friends of friends that started instant messaging me when i did NOT post for a couple of days. it was this odd ideal/topic form of stalking. ok, so you like what i have to say about various things and you find my takes interesting and funny. can i not have a life though?
and 2) womenz. it just got to the point some thought we were at a bar and could hook up whenver. umm. im married yo. leave me alone.

so out of sight, out of mind. my productivity went up 83%. lol

#27 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,528 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

piers morgan was complaining about gun control advocates.

the petition thing the white house has is cute, nice idea, but come on. who the hell wants to listen to the average american? ugh.

I wonder if Obama ever considered the fact it would become a forum for deporting people, advocating secession, or his own impeachment? lol.

#28 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,027 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

During the runup to the election, I got spammed with a ton of obama crap from a handful of people. I didn't pay much attention to it. Now most of it seems to have gone away.

I have family and friends across the world, and facebook is a cheap and easy way to keep in touch with them. Thats about all I use it for.

#29 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

Has anyone's opinion ever changed by posting on/reading this forum?

#30 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,027 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Has anyone's opinion ever changed by posting on/reading this forum?

I have admitted I was wrong a time or two, and have caused a few others to admit they were wrong about certain things. Mostly about predictions for future events.

But as far as opinions about the various political, religious, or conspiracy theory related beliefs, I doubt it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com